Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rectifier mounting !location

Hi all,
    I tried the Search but didn't find anything. I'm working on my 83 GS750 E and, since I already have things apart, decided to update
    to a Polaris regulator/Rectifier. Someone previously had changed the one in the bike to a GS1150. Needless to say, the Polaris unit
    is much larger than the stock ones. So, the question is, where do people decide to mount it ?

Mad
    83 GS750E
    2006 ZX14
    2004 KTM 450 EXC
    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

I’m sure the area behind the left side panel is a bit different on your bike but mine has a panel on top of the fuse panel that was meant to hold a tool kit that I do not have. It was the perfect spot for my SH 775.

Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

On my 1100E, I moved the ignitor (?) from the battery holder, and put it there.
      Mounted it to the original ignitor bracket, just had to enlarge the holes slightly.
      The ignitor went to the left side with the fuse box.
      Don't know if the 750 has the same kind of room.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Some have removed the toolbox area behind the battery and mounted the R/R there. Not sure what bikes those were, location may not apply to yours.

Others (mainly shafties?) have mounted the R/R below the battery box, just above the swingarm.

Comment

i drilled some mounting holes in my battery holder box on the back side and mounted the r/r there.
          1985 Suzuki GS450L

Comment

On my GS1000G I just ZIP-tied it to the original holes, and connected it with waco221's (yes, the ones for lamps and such). Not pretty, not permanent, but works suprisingly well.
            GS1000G 1981

Comment

A much different set up, but on my GS650g I was just able to mount the SH775 to the bottom of the battery box using the same mounting as Suzuki. With the compact drive system on that bike it would have taken some remote location otherwise.

Mad, is your Shindengen a SH775 or a SH847? I know that the 847 is quite a bit larger and now found on many newer bikes.
              Last edited by hank2; 08-22-2021, 03:35 AM.
              1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Not sure which model rectifier I have. Need to clean the dirt off first. I figured out where to mount it. Right
                behind the battery box at the rear fender. Should work fine.

Mad
                83 GS750E
                2006 ZX14
                2004 KTM 450 EXC
                2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Working...
                X