Gr650 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gr650 ???

How is it that the GR650 Tempter isn't "allowed" here? Maybe more to the point, just because Suzuki gave the 650 air cooled twin the prefix "GR" it would still seem to be a natural progression between the GS450 and the other larger GS models. Kawasaki has no trouble listing both the 750 twin and the 750 4 cylinder bikes as KZs. If I bought a GR650 would I be constantly reminded that this site is for "GS" bikes? There aren't any decent "GR650" sites.
    Last edited by Boogywstew; 08-11-2021, 03:45 PM.

Originally posted by Boogywstew View Post
    If I bought a GR650 would I be treated as the proverbial "red headed stepchild" here?
    Of Course, but every family has to have at least one. Why not you?

Welcome to the site.

It's not that your bike isn't "allowed", it's just not the focus of this site. That said, I'm sure there are members here who who would be happy to impart general knowledge which would help you, and maybe even some with specific Tempter experience who could help you.

Post your questions in the appropriate forum sections.

And we like pictures, even of GRs.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

You'll be fine....
      There are plenty of members here that don't even own a Suzuki, let alone a GS Suzuki.

Welcome....
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

The member 'dennco2' has a GR650 and he has posted quite often here and received help from many members as he's been sorting it out.

Comment

I am currently without a bike but I will more than likely end up with a GS450. I'd rather have a GR650 but they are rare compared to the GS450 or the GS500e. I have been lurking here for quite a while and I admire the professionalism and joy I find here. I'd like to have a forum home here, either way.

Comment

Strange ... I thought I'd edited that red headed stepchild line out? Oops! I was that redheaded stepchild! Fortunately, I had wonderful step parents! Thank you for your kind words.

Comment

Thank You !

Comment

Welcome, & you can be sure nobody but you will care if you have a GS450 or a GR650, as long as not an "L" model. But beware, you never know what to expect around here.
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Welcome to the forum Stew.

Comment

The GR is every bit a GS anyway.
                    I wish Zuk had kept making them, as I'd have one for definite.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

Boogywstew, just walk right in, draw yerself a cold beer and grab a seat at the bar. we're not that picky.
                        Expecting the Spanish Inquisition
                        1981 GS850G: the Ratzuki
                        1981 GS1100E

Comment

Thank you for the invite!

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                            The GR is every bit a GS anyway.
                            I wish Zuk had kept making them, as I'd have one for definite.
                            They were lovely. Almost a triumph 750. Ceptin no leaks or bits falling off.

Prod run was 83 to 86 or 7 iirc
                            Cosmetic bits signals clocks same as 550l of same Gen.
                            was the later faired 500 not the same lump reworked?
                            1983 GS 550 LD
                            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Do they have a type of extra flywheel which kicks-in lots of torque at low rpms ?
                              Last edited by grcamna2; 08-15-2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X