Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member with GSX750-ES

Hello all,

I have just bought myself a 1983 GSX750-ES which has been laid up for around 12 years but appears to be in pretty good nick. The gentleman I bought it from had recently acquired it, he cleaned the carbs and got her up and running, so that's a great start for my new project!

She needs some love, so I'll be stepping through all the maintenance items and tidying up the cosmetics. I'm really looking forward to tinkering (and riding) this great bike.

I'm aiming to keep her as stock as possible and in doing so, hopefully will not be spending a crazy amount of money, as I usually do with these things ...

Cheers for now,

Roden
    Attached Files

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Great looking bike. Welcome to the GSR.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Welcome. Cool looking ES. Enjoy.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Congrats, looks like a nice find & yes, running is a great ++++.....Oh yeah, welcome
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

WooHoo!

Nice lookin' bike!!!

Post moar pics...especially around scenic areas. Welcome to the GSR.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

A supertrapp exhaust
              Nice bike
              1983 GS 550 LD
              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                A supertrapp exhaust
                Nice bike
                I haven’t received the bike yet, arrives on Monday so I’m not sure what the exhaust is, you reckon Supertrapp? I’d be stoked if it was! Looks a bit cobbled together to me, needs attention to be rid of that hanger to the muffler and shorten the mid pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                  WooHoo!

Nice lookin' bike!!!

Post moar pics...especially around scenic areas. Welcome to the GSR.

Ed

Thanks mate! It’ll be a while before any scenic pics are taken, this bike will need a top to tail going over before it goes on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Roden View Post
                    I haven’t received the bike yet, arrives on Monday so I’m not sure what the exhaust is, you reckon Supertrapp? I’d be stoked if it was! Looks a bit cobbled together to me, needs attention to be rid of that hanger to the muffler and shorten the mid pipe.
                    Welcome to the site. Good luck with everything. But Please....Do not shorten that pipe. It's the correct length for a 4 : 1 on that motor. By all means clean it up and paint it - and make a nicer hanger. But shortening it may well lead to carburation woes.
                    Looking at it, it could be a Transac or Pipeline system. The headers colour is odd in the pic - if they're stainless, that end at least could be a Staintune set.

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
                      Welcome to the site. Good luck with everything. But Please....Do not shorten that pipe. It's the correct length for a 4 : 1 on that motor. By all means clean it up and paint it - and make a nicer hanger. But shortening it may well lead to carburation woes.
                      Looking at it, it could be a Transac or Pipeline system. The headers colour is odd in the pic - if they're stainless, that end at least could be a Staintune set.
                      Hi Greg and thanks for your reply .. I've looked at literally hundreds of photos of these bikes and mine is the only one I've seen so far with the muffler supported in that fashion, all are bracketed to the rear footrest hanger as far as I can see, so that's what I'd like to try and achieve, because that hanger is awful. I'm not talking about chopping it terribly short but may have to remove some of that mid pipe to properly bracket the muffler.

The seller thinks it may be a Transac, once the bike lands at my place on Monday I'll take some better pics and post them up and see if we can identify it.

Comment

Working...
                      X