Bandit 1250 Modification Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandit 1250 Modification Questions

I recently bought a 2010 GSF1250SA and have had a hard time finding a forum for the bike to ask questions in, so it was recommended I try here.

1) The bike has tons of torque down low, but does run out of steam pretty fast at higher revs. Does adding an aftermarket pipe and a tune help spread the power higher or is it a waste of $$$? I certainly don't want to hurt the bottom end in the process, it is perfect for hauling a heavy bike, two people and gear around.
    2) I would like to find a set of saddlebag liners but have had little luck searching the interwebs. Does anybody have a lead on some? My understanding is the bags are made by Givi, so liners for those may work.
    3) Suspension seems adequate for non-spirited riding but I am always willing to consider upgrades on that front if there are common ones that don't involve $$$ for an Ohlins shock and fork cartridge kit.

Thanks,
    Mark
    1982 GS1100E
    1998 ZX-6R
    2005 KTM 450EXC

My 1250 had most of the holeshot mods, Header and muffler, Supertune etc. It was strong everywhere. I can't remember now where I shifted it but you have to be on your game right off idle.
    Attached Files
    1986 1150EF
    2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

It's my understanding that you'll never get the long strokes 1250 to be a high revving bike. Hole shot made allot of goodies. The bike is a torque monster and most mods just fatten the torque curve. I spent several hours researching the 1250 but went a different route entirely.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I've had 2 2008 Bandits and still have one. Both with a slip on and K&N filter. First one had a Power Commander. Both seemed very stout without any additional mods.
        The best add on in my opinion was going to a Sargent seat to replace the original concrete block seat.
        1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
        2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
        2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

I just bought another one, an 08 with a holeshot muffler, power commander and I believe Stage 1 mods. It pulls hard up to 9k, no flattening at all. Just sweet power all the way up. I'll have to pull the airbox out to see if the butterflies are removed but the aircleaner just has a hole drilled in the top which is consistent with the Stage 1 mods (Holeshot mods).
          Attached Files
          1986 1150EF
          2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
            1983 GS 1100 G
            2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
            2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
            1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Working...
            X