Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right handle control problems

83 Gs 450
    I bought an aftermarket part that had a 6 pin connector when the oem part had a 9 pin connector (but with 8 wires) it seems that the way I had the wires splices isn’t going to work and I’m looking for suggestions on other model parts that might fit it before I buy another piece that doesn’t work for it, thanks all in advance

So your original switch is unrepairable??
    Some of these aftermarket switches can be finagled into working.

have you seen this wiring diagram ? It loads slowly

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

That's the wiring diagram that I was working off of, while trying to repair the original switch at night the start button fell out and I didn't realize it until the next day and couldn't find it. Rookie mistake, I went ahead and bought another original piece and hooked it all up and I'm having the same problem so thanks to the mechanic that told me my problem was for sure that. I've narrowed the problem to the cdi or regulator, I just want to replace them both and get it out of the way but I'm wondering what the best cdi upgrade is since I've heard the oem one wasn't great to begin with.

Comment

Working...
      X