Accident o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accident o

On the 14 th August I was riding the Hardknott Pass Cumbria uk when I had an off it was low speed perhaps 10-15 mph I was airlifted to hospital and the result was an unstable fracture to the top vertebrae in the next and a compound fracture to left thema I am still in hospital.
    so for the next 10 weeks I have a halo fitted.
    sad to say at this point and my age 75 I have decided to retire from motorcycling but will still be checking in here as this is the best forum I have been on.
    The good news is the the Gs 850 is still in great shape as I was on a RF900RW
    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
    past bikes. RF900
    TL1000s
    Hayabusa
    gsx 750f x2
    197cc Francis Barnett
    various British nails

Yikes!

I'm glad you're OK.

At 75, you are quite healthy and fortunate to sustain the injury results. Take care!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Sorry to hear that!

Heal up fast and get good physical therapy. Keep us posted on your recovery, too.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

That's awful. I hope you heal up quickly. I dont know when I'll be too old to ride, but I'll probably find out when I'm too old to heal up.
          1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Speedy recovery, fastby Focus on the next chapter, not the recent past. Godspeed.
            '78 GS750E (currently undergoing TLC).

Comment

Thank you for sharing, and I wish you a speedy recovery.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Hope you heal quickly and fully. Keep us posted.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

I’m sorry to hear about your accident. It sucks coming to that decision but totally understand. All the best my friend.
                  No signature

Comment

Wow! That sucks! Hope you heal well, and quickly.

You suffered a lot of damage for having a 10-15mph get off. Bad luck it seems.

So sorry.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, that's a tough decision to make and I wish you a speedy recovery.

We were just talking about relatively slow speed accidents, as my friend injured his ribs after a 5MPH tip over.

David
                      2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
                      2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
                      1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
                      2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
                      1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
                      1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
                      1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
                      Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
                        On the 14 th August I was riding the Hardknott Pass Cumbria uk when I had an off it was low speed perhaps 10-15 mph I was airlifted to hospital and the result was an unstable fracture to the top vertebrae in the next and a compound fracture to left thema I am still in hospital.
                        so for the next 10 weeks I have a halo fitted.
                        sad to say at this point and my age 75 I have decided to retire from motorcycling but will still be checking in here as this is the best forum I have been on.
                        The good news is the the Gs 850 is still in great shape as I was on a RF900RW
                        Oops, silly sod.
                        Glad to hear the GS is ok.
                        Look after that thema.
                        ---- Dave
                        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Terrible news.
                          Hope you heal up well enough to get on with your life. Fast.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Get well soon, and look forward to new pursuits!
                            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Speedy recovery and don't get rid of your bikes just yet. You may have some second thoughts about retiring from riding. Stay away from it for a while and see if the desire returns.
                              Good luck with the recovery and best wishes.
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X