Accident o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee .. that's bad news !
    Hope you recover quickly and completely.
    All the best.
    Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
    VM Carb rebuild tutorial
    Bikecliff's website
    The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. As Brian said, focus on the best physio relationship. They generally know a trick or two and can help you push past what others might say will be the end point of recovery.
      At a big family gathering, Great Great Grandad at 97 was holding court late into the evening. On being pressed, he admitted one big regret in his life. You could hear a pin drop. My biggest regret is that, at seventy-five, I failed to realise that I was still a young man .......
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Thanks for all your messages very uplifting will keep you posted on how I get on thanks guys
        The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
        1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
        past bikes. RF900
        TL1000s
        Hayabusa
        gsx 750f x2
        197cc Francis Barnett
        various British nails

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
          My biggest regret is that, at seventy-five, I failed to realise that I was still a young man .......
          Inspiring.
          Low speed offs are underestimated.
          Best wishes for your return to normal.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Best of British old kiddie, 75 and still riding - we should all be so lucky (capable). Heal up and good luck with the rest of your life!
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Sorry to hear. Wishing you the best.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Sorry to hear of this. Low-speed is deceptive and often brings unexpected results.

As to that other concern, age can be relative.
                Like family members, you may not be able to divorce yourself from it but you can treat it as a distant relative and keep on doing what you enjoy most.
                "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Hi, for those who asked me to keep them posted about my condition I was in hospital for just over 3 weeks then I came home the second night home at around 05-30 I was awakened by a loud bang and a crack followed by unbearable pain over my eyes being pitch black I thought my skull had cracked when the wife got to turn on the light the pins that secured the halo to my skull had pulled out had to call an ambulance then they had to call another + an advanced paramedic all in all it took then almost 2 hours to extract me from the house given the layout and the fact I had to be laid flat ( full mars to them they worked hard) ended up at an accident and emergency given there was a compleatly failure in communication between departments it took 17-1/2 hours before they got someone to remove what was left of the halo anyway after another week in hospital I am now at home with a custom made collar and today I had a home visit at last from a physiotherapist who has given me a program to work to for my broken leg (femour) so I have the collar for a further 6 weeks then have to have a MRI scan to see if the damage is repaired.
                  so I fully intend to get back in the state I was before the accident it will take time though.
                  1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                  past bikes. RF900
                  TL1000s
                  Hayabusa
                  gsx 750f x2
                  197cc Francis Barnett
                  various British nails

Comment

Wow! Just Wow! I was feeling pain just reading this! Hope the rest of the recovery process goes better for you. Hope you get back to your previous state as soon as possible. Hang in there!
                    83 gs850
                    07 vtx1300c

Comment

Good gods, I got a shiver just reading this. Wishing you the best. Again.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

That is not the kind of update we wanted. Man, what bad luck! Hope you recover from all this and get back to a somewhat normal lifestyle sooner rather than later.

Good luck.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

This is not the type of update that I want to see, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Comment

I see you've posted in the technical section. Doing better I assume / hope?
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Hi, yes I am progressing the collar has gone still have some restrictions on neck movement but getting there, I am surprised that after this time the amount of pain I have in my leg but being the femur is the largest bone in the body and my age I guess it's a slower process they tell me that it takes 12 months for a full heal but hey I am still here managing to tinker with the GS and taking the dog out for a walk with the aid of a crutch (me not the dog).
                              Thanks for asking
                              1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                              past bikes. RF900
                              TL1000s
                              Hayabusa
                              gsx 750f x2
                              197cc Francis Barnett
                              various British nails

Comment

Glad to hear of the improvements. Happy New Year.
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X