Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki GS1000CS Dunstall

Hi guys,

for years i have wanted a Dunstall GS1000CS.
    The real ones are expensive and rare, so i'm going to build a replica.

Picture lovers and those that do not know this bike :

I have a spare GS1000 and a tuned engine, front fairing and front fender, and the 4 Dunstall cam cover caps.

Looking for all other parts, like the top yoke pad with the Dunstall logo ; seat ; brake/shift set and Dunstall specific parts i have not yet identified.
    Looking for the Dunstall partslist and all other info i can get on this GS1000CS.

Now, the reason i started this thread is a seat for sale.
    It's on Ebay and sold as made for the Honda CB750.

If i had a Dunstall partslist i could check if there is a difference ... so i am probing the GSR hive mind.

Does anyone know if this seat will fit on a GS1000 chassis ?

AD here : DUNSTALL Sitzbank HONDA CB 750 Rücklicht in Bayern - Wessobrunn | eBay Kleinanzeigen (ebay-kleinanzeigen.de)

Here's the GS1000CS seat :

Thanks, Rijk
    Last edited by Rijko; 08-26-2021, 08:51 AM.
    Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
    VM Carb rebuild tutorial
    Bikecliff's website
    The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Nice looking bike for sure but those clip ons are making my wrists hurt just looking at them. lol
    No signature

Comment

Given the scarcity of the Dunstall stuff and the extremely close similarity of the Honda and Suzuki versions i'd be buying the Honda one and adapting it to fit which shouldn't take much doing.
      Chances are it's the exact same moulding with hinges etc attached to suit.
      Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
      VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

No idea on the seat fitment, but if you're handy, and the price is right, it might be worth a try, especially if its that rare. If its a no go, maybe the Honda piece can be used for parts trading.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

That would be my suggestion, too. I'll bet the Honda seat is really close to the Suzuki's..especially the tail section.
          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Working...
          X