Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12v switched circuit recommendation (dyna s intstall)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12v switched circuit recommendation (dyna s intstall)

hi all. first, I must confess I am not the best with electrical matters, so beg patience and thanks for the help. I'm installing a dyna s electronic ignition and need to choose which place (I gather there are several) I connect to the switched "key on" 12v circuit.

I have located the orange/white wire coming from the coils, so I think I have that option, but have also read that the rear brake light switch is a good location. I have one orange and one white wire at the switch, but not sure which one is correct if I go that way.

I will NOT be using the clamp-on splicer that comes with the kit, so no need to advise against that. I know they suck.

Thanks and let me know which way you'd go or if you have other recs for where to connect to the circuit. There's some crusty wiring on this bike, so I see more electrical work in my future...
    cheers
    1978 GS 750 E
    1979 XS11 Standard
    1973 CB450

The orange/white to ignition coils is good choice...yes, lots of electrical work likely ahead of you. Read up on charging system issues
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X