near death and back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

near death and back

Last week working in the shop getting my Suzuki ready for a trip to Tuscon I got very dizzy and had to go to the house to sit down. After about 15 minutes of it getting worse I decided to call 911. I was so dizzy I couldn't push the buttons on the phone.I was thinking well this must be it for me and kind of resigned myself to death.Luckily my wife came home just then and saw me in distress and called 911. So off I went to the hospital for a blood clot removal in my brain. No side affects at all.That took care of my trip,but I'm still alive for a next years trip. Still want to do a run to AZ.I'll be 70 in Nov.Still have a lot of riding to do after PT is done.I'm close to God and I told him please not yet and my wife walked in just then.

Wow thats a scary close call
    Get weell soon
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery, red.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Great that you're going to be ok.
        Mad
        83 GS750E
        2006 ZX14
        2004 KTM 450 EXC
        2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

A speedy and full recovery. Please keep us updated. I'll send you a private message with questions eventually because I have (am) a horse in that race.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Hate to hear situation, Glad all seems well. You'll probably be in AZ. before they get the audits completed. Prayers to ya!!
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Yikes. Glad you’re still here to make this post. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Wow.
                <Pearly Gates>
                "Nah, he's early; throw him back."
                Get some more riding time in, and keep well.
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Lucky to still be here. This will make the next few rides have more meaning.

Speedy recovery to you and best wishes.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

It's Tucson, but now that you are recovering, I'm sure you know that. Cheers, bud. Glad you're alive!
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

We old folk, you got another lease lucky dog.
                      Best 'O luck an don't waste it, sounds like you'll make every day count.
                      Blood clot came from someplace, hope you can effect that, reduce the chance of it happening again, or to your wife.
                      My neighbor died because she an her husband were too cool, waited overnight before seeking treatment, fatal.
                      She was in good shape, just had a stupid husband, the as hole survived, she died.
                      The blood clot formed after a fall on her elbow, went to her heart.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Alcohol in the right dosage is a very effective blood thinner.

Have a drink and celebrate your recovery.

Glad you made it.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Glad to hear you’re doing better. Heal up
                          sigpic
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Prayers for a speedy recovery!
                            Current Bikes:
                            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Thank goodness for your wife arriving in time. Best wishes for a smooth and full recovery. I'm also looking at 70 in Nov. and things can get real.
                              1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Working...
                              X