No announcement yet.

near death and back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough old bird, you’ll be fine. It is amazing how fast it sneaks up on you though, one day your fine and the next….uuugh where did that come from.

Take care you lucky dog.

V
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Had my stroke scare about 10 years ago. Sudden memory failure was the trigger for a visit to the ER, daughter drove me to the Er they had me in a bed in less than 2 minutes a couple minutes more and I was covered with sensors stuck to me.

In the end it wasn't a stoke but some weird thing called TGA but it turned out to be a lifesaver, tests revealed I had dangerously high blood pressure I was on track for a real stroke or a number of other fatal conditions.

I've been on blood thinners ever since and my BP is now what it should be for a healthy 20 yr old.
      1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Wow, good job your wife came home and you got the treatment needed hope you have a speedy recovery
        The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
        1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
        past bikes. RF900
        TL1000s
        Hayabusa
        gsx 750f x2
        197cc Francis Barnett
        various British nails

Comment

I feel for you. 7 weeks ago I had a massive heart attack and died twice, once for a full 15 minutes. I took my 1st bike ride since then a couple days ago, about 15 miles. Surviving was a lottery odds win, and I remember almost nothing. I did feel it coming on & took a couple aspirin before my wife drove me to the hospital. I spent 5 days on life support & it's over 350,000 dollars so far. Almost done, tho.

Comment

Yikes! It seems everybody has an 'appointment.'
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
              I feel for you. 7 weeks ago I had a massive heart attack and died twice, once for a full 15 minutes. I took my 1st bike ride since then a couple days ago, about 15 miles. Surviving was a lottery odds win, and I remember almost nothing. I did feel it coming on & took a couple aspirin before my wife drove me to the hospital. I spent 5 days on life support & it's over 350,000 dollars so far. Almost done, tho.
              Aye carumba!
              The "not remembering" is interesting. Wonder if it will return in time?
              Great to hear your recovery is going well.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I'm glad you're okay. Things can happen so quickly.
                I always thought I was in decent shape. In June I suddenly started having blood in my urine. Next thing I know is I'm in the ER and then to surgery to have a kidney removed because of a 4 inch cancerous mass on it. Hoping I'm clean when I take my PET scan test next month.
                Life can be short and dead end you when you least expect it. Try to enjoy your time here.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Mine was $126,000 with me owing about $2500. Well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by red1100 View Post
                    Mine was $126,000 with me owing about $2500. Well worth it.
                    My aortic valve replacement was over a half million...Don't remember my out of pocket, but yes, it was well worth it.
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

The bills are pretty much in on me, and it's nearing a half million. I came out of it far better & faster than I was supposed to. The whole trick seems to be how soon you can get to the cardiologists. 30 minutes can be the difference between life, death, or disability. Like Red, it was decisions made by my wife that kept me here, although I was the one who raised the early flag with chest discomfort. It felt like one of those air bubbles that get stuck in the esophagus that you can usually rinse down, but it wasn't centered enough. And a couple days of general weakness preceded it. Be vigilant.

Comment

Working...
                      X