Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trip around Finland on a -81 GS850G

It was about 70km drive to Haaparanta/Tornio which is divided in the middle by the border. I didn’t stop anywhere on the way except to take a picture. This time when crossing over to Finland there was a stop with Finnish customs officers asking everyone where the were coming from. They looked at me like the idiot I was when I told I had just crossed over from Ylitornio Later I heard that people coming from southern parts of Sweden were required to show the certificate of vaccination. At this point I was getting pretty tired so I made good speed to Oulu, where I got to spend a great evening and night at my wife’s relatives place. Sauna, a dip in the river and a warm bed were really welcome!

distance covered: 384km / 238mi
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Juke Nukem; Yesterday at 04:00 PM.
    -81 GS850G
    -82 GS450

This morning started the last leg to home. I noticed one of the side box fixing brackets had come loose and the other half had fallen off. Made a quick fix with steel wire and headed off. It was going to be a boring transport between points A and B. Now it was most important to get home in time to say good night to the kids.
    Last edited by Juke Nukem; Yesterday at 04:01 PM.
    -81 GS850G
    -82 GS450

The notoriously boring road number 4 was just as boring as ever. Stopped only for food and petrol and adding oil. It was again pretty cold and when I got home at 9:30pm I was just about cramped into the driving position. Kids had waited up and later some food and sauna felt absolutely great. Some summary and more (and better quality) photos to follow!

edit: distance covered 648km / 402mi
    Last edited by Juke Nukem; Yesterday at 04:02 PM.
    -81 GS850G
    -82 GS450