atlaspowersports on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atlaspowersports on ebay

I want to give this guy a big kudos. I purchased a used SH775 regulator/rectifier from him last week. When I installed it, I didn't hook it up to a battery and tested it. As many of you know, the r/r won't work when you do that. I double-checked my work the next day, and found that same result - what I thought was a non-functioning r/r. I contacted him on Sunday to let him know, and he shipped a replacement on Monday.

His response: "Well heck...sorry about that. I'm pretty sure I have another at the shop. I'll look around tomorrow. If I have one I'll ship it to you or (if I'm out of stock) I'll refund your money. Sorry for the trouble - Adam"

So what really happened was that I didn't hook it up correctly. I finally figured that out last night after searching through posts on our forum. This morning, I contacted him to let him know that I messed up and that I didn't need the second SH775 and that I would either pay him for it or send it back to him (his choice). Here was his reply:

"Put that in your tool box, maybe you or a friend will need it one day."

I messed up and he gave me the part anyway. We all would like to do business with someone like this.

81 GS650GL

Great to hear about the excellent customer service.
    Not only the way it should be but also a smart business move.
    Thanks for sharing the story.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Real good to come across a trader like that.
      I've had similar dealings with a few, and always bought more stuff from them.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
      X