BWAHAHAHA. Its ALIVE !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BWAHAHAHA. Its ALIVE !!!!

Howdy gents and ladies. First I'm going to apologize for not having pictures. I'm using a Kindle and can't find a way to post them.
    So,lets go back 7 years. I had a 1983 Honda XL600R that was on its last leg. Low compression, hard to start, smoking.
    Found a guy with a 1983 GS750E that wanted to trade straight across. Wooo hoo ! So I drove there and unloaded the XL. After 15 minutes
    of stomping on the starter, got a hernia and an aneurysm, I proved to him it ran. After wiping the sweat from my eyes, he jumped the start relay
    and the GS reluctantly grumbled to life. We made the deal and I brought it home. And for 7 years it stayed in storage or the garage while I
    set about gathering parts.
    So, here we are today. Steve from this forum overhauled the carbs. Now with shiny bowls and black paint. Giggling like a schoolgirl, I thrashed
    around and got them installed. Hooked up my remote gas bottle , checked for leaks. Everything looked good so...........
    I gently tapped the start button and.......GADZOOKS ! ITS ALIIIIIVVVVE !!!! I did my best maniacal cackle and let it warm up.
    All cylinders firing as it settled into a nice idle. I'm thrilled to reach this point. Suspension is next.
    Thanks again to Steve Woodin. Fantastic work at a great price.

Mad
    83 GS750E
    2006 ZX14
    2004 KTM 450 EXC
    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Congrats! Nonetheless, you know what they say: pics or it didn't happen.
    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

I know. If someone would like to ' splain how to upload photos from my phone to a Kindle, and then to the forum,
      Ill humbly accept help. Ill try to upload some pictures from my phone tomorrow.

Mad
      83 GS750E
      2006 ZX14
      2004 KTM 450 EXC
      2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

You need a photo hosting site, like Imgur
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Congrats, Mad.
          I know how great that feeling is with the first start up.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Follow the Imgur link in my signature. I don’t think the kindle is going to do it. You can do it from your phone. Have to use the full Site. You can use the Imgur app to upload pics to Imgur but you must use the full site in your phone’s internet browser (and not the Beta version) to be able to copy the BBCode of the image and then paste that into your post.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

That Steve guy is a pretty good fellow. Someone I'm honored to call a friend! Give these motorcycles a little spark, good compression and a tasty air/fuel mixture. They will run forever 👍
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Hey MAD..... It really feels good, don't it ?? Congrats.
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Great news

Comment

UPDATE on my update
                    Did a preliminary carb sync. Right now it fires up with no choke. Steve instructed me how to adjust the mixture screws to
                    make that a little better. Waiting for new hoses for my sync gauges.
                    I ordered Sonic springs and I'm still waiting for them. If They told me they're having a big problem with suppliers and they will
                    be delayed. Nuts!!!
                    So, my new chain and sprockets should be here soon, ill do that and clean my fuel tank.....again.

Mad
                    83 GS750E
                    2006 ZX14
                    2004 KTM 450 EXC
                    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Working...
                    X