82 GS1100GL Dynojet kit help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS1100GL Dynojet kit help

I've got an 82 Suzuki GS1100GL and its got an aftermarket 4 into 1 header with a supertrapp muffler on it and individual air pod filters, according to the Dynojet kit it recommended me to do the stage 3 install, so I went ahead and did that. Now I've got 2 issues itll start and run but will not idle at half choke or with the choke off, it also stutters at wide open throttle. It seems to me that its running too rich? I havent checked the plugs yet as I've only ridden it maybe a 1/4 mile and its later in the night for me and I do not have a garage. The main jets it had me install were 170's I believe. I guess I'm not sure if I should step down a main jet size or try adjusting the fuel mixture screw more?

The first thing would be to check the plugs. They will tell you what's happening.
    The next thing to do is to run it long enough to warm up. (you can ride it to do that)

Can't verify jet sizes right now, but what setting did you use on the needle clips?

What settings did you use on the pilot (mixture) screws?

What is the fuel height (float levels)?

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

I'll check the plugs in a bit, and I did run it long enough to warm up and thats when it wanted to stall out with the choke off or at half. The needle clips I have set to the 3rd from the top notch as per the instructions. The mixture screws were set to 2.5 turns out as well. the float levels last I had them set were around 22mm.

Comment

This is what my plugs look like after a short ride last night, I think I'll throw some new plugs in and ride it a bit longer to see what those look like and then post a picture of those as well.Spark plugs.jpg

Comment

Well, took a 10 mile test drive and my plugs look to be a nice golden color but it still will stall out when choke is off and doesnt run very well at wide open. I think I might have to take my carbs apart again and see if theres any blockage or anything.

Comment

What pod filters are you using? Unless they are K&N or the Ape copies then you're going to have a world of trouble...
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Do you still have the original airbox ?
              If so, i would go back to standard just to make sure the issue arises
              after the Dynojet/pods install.
              Then take it 1 step at a time going back to current situation.
              Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
              VM Carb rebuild tutorial
              Bikecliff's website
              The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

https://4into1.com/set-of-4-black-re...900-1000-1100/ Those would be the pod filters I am using, but I had a lapse in thought and I figured out that I completely forgot to install the plastic/nylon spacer from my original needles onto the new ones. Runs much better and does not stall out anymore. I do still believe I might be running a hair too rich but I am going to be working on the finer tuning this weekend with a buddy who has a carburetor balancer/tuning kit. Also I do still have the original airbox that I will use too if need be.

Comment

Working...
                X