No announcement yet.

1982 GS1100GK - Intermittent issue - Engine died today - Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I did check the gas cap vent: it was clean, no obstruction.
    1982 Suzuki GS1100G(K)

Comment

Did another ~80 mile test run today. Bike ran very well, no hesitation.
      1982 Suzuki GS1100G(K)

Comment

The hesitation came back. Sticking carb slide(s)?

Hello,

The occasional hesitation came back. On almost every ride the bike starts, idles and runs great 99% of the time but - especially at barely opened throttle - the hesitation/shuddering occasionally happens.

As before, whacking the throttle wide open helps. The typical scenario is that the bike runs great for 10-40 miles or so, then has short episodes of hesitation and then runs fine for the rest of the ride.

Because whacking the throttle helps, I am suspecting that the issue is vacuum-related. It does not seem to be related to the vacuum pet cock. I went on a longer ride with the pet cock in the PRI position and the usual hesitation occurred regardless.

Do you think a sticking throttle slide could be the culprit? I checked the diaphragms and they feel pliable and have no visible tears or holes. The slides easily slide into the barrels. Should I polish the barrels and slides?
        1982 Suzuki GS1100G(K)

Comment

Assuming that only one of the four carb slides sticks, would this actually lead to a noticeable hesitation or shuddering?
          1982 Suzuki GS1100G(K)

Comment

Working...
          X