No announcement yet.

"Peppermint Patti - Ballad of a Female Motorcycle Drag Racer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My order placed as well. Should be reading it by next Monday. Got a feeling it's going to be one of those books you just can't put down once you begin reading it.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

But I wanted a signed copy

Comment

Patti:

I have read the first eight chapters.

I doubt any reader will not feel your words.
        "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
        Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

"Ballad" was a good word for the title.
          An excellent book.
          Thank you for all the honesty you put into it.

Speaking from a male perspective, it was very insightful.

We talk of male-female differences but men rarely (often never) get an opportunity to actually see how a woman's mind works, and to have it in print, where it can be reviewed.....this could be somewhat of a revelation for male readers. ....if they can handle it.

For me it was a bit of deja-vu, as I had such an opportunity when trying to help a woman I had never met. That was quite a learning experience, as it involved e-mail exchanges over months.

Double thanks for reminding me of that, Patti, as I think you may have known her..
          "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

My wife saw the book in my Amazon shopping cart and decided to get me an early Christmas present. Looking forward to reading it over some vacation time I have coming up.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Posted a review on Amazon. Good work Patti!

Comment

Holy Cow, it's been a long time since I've been onsite! Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Lotsa deaths around me, so I was detained for a while.
                I'm very embarrassed about all the little mistakes the publisher somehow let slip through. Other than that, the kids aren't talking to me anymore & won't tell me why.
                This happened right after my book was released. Wonder if it was the book.........

Comment

Honest reviews are very welcomed!

Comment

The kids probably didn't know how much fun you were having without them around.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppermint Patti View Post
                      Holy Cow, it's been a long time since I've been onsite! Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Lotsa deaths around me, so I was detained for a while.
                      I'm very embarrassed about all the little mistakes the publisher somehow let slip through. Other than that, the kids aren't talking to me anymore & won't tell me why.
                      This happened right after my book was released. Wonder if it was the book.........
                      Stuff like that sometimes happens in families.

In my family my daughter was furious when I not only married a new wife, but also had children with her.

She already knew my wife from the many phone calls that I initiated before we married, but, since she had moved to Australia, she did not meet my wife until after our twins were born.

My daughter met both my wife and her littlest brothers when the boys were only one month old.
                      After that she went off on what was to become a permanent tantrum, wrote a fifteen page hate-filled letter, then ceased communication..
                      Evidently, jealousy and envy can be potent.

Those experiences suggest it is possible one or more revelations in the book led to that happening with you, but, hopefully, not so long-lasting and some resolution can still be found.
                      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post

Stuff like that sometimes happens in families.

In my family my daughter was furious when I not only married a new wife, but also had children with her.

She already knew my wife from the many phone calls that I initiated before we married, but, since she had moved to Australia, she did not meet my wife until after our twins were born.

My daughter met both my wife and her littlest brothers when the boys were only one month old.
                        After that she went off on what was to become a permanent tantrum, wrote a fifteen page hate-filled letter, then ceased communication..
                        Evidently, jealousy and envy can be potent.

Those experiences suggest it is possible one or more revelations in the book led to that happening with you, but, hopefully, not so long-lasting and some resolution can still be found.
                        Your kid is "jealous and envies" her father? That's just weird. I'm sure there is way more to the story.
                        No signature

Comment

No, Trevor, From the day she was born she was and remained closer to me than anyone else in the family.
                          That is why it was so important to me to make all those phone calls and have the two women talk and get to know each other before the marriage.
                          She is not jealous/envious of me but most definitely so with my wife and the newest children, as was so overwhelmingly clear in her letter.
                          No more questions, please.

Sorry. I posted it before completing it.

If you read Patti's book you will see that she has always felt the same way about her children.
                          Last edited by argonsagas; 01-25-2023, 01:30 PM.
                          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

My copy arrived today. Looking forward to getting into it.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.
                            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Wow Patti, you knew Mr. Norm?? He was a legend! Before I was a Suzuki motorcycle guy, I was a die-hard Mopar guy and Norm Kraus was an icon! I actually had Grand-Spaulding Dodge decals on two of my past cars, not because they were from his dealership but because of what they stood for: dedication to high performance. I honestly didn't know that he'd turned to motorcycles after the demise of the musclecar (and custom van) era but it makes perfect sense. The American performance car was dead by the mid-70s but that was just when the Japanese discovered horsepower. The transition from fast cars to fast bikes was logical, especially for a businessman like Mr. Norm. Wish it had been a Suzuki shop though.

Speaking of Suzuki shops, any pictures of Suzuki (and Kawasaki) City back in its heyday? Vintage shots are always fun to see.
                              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X