1982 gs750g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs750g

Hi folks I recently joined and looking forward to checking out some sweet rides. This is my 82 gs750 ltd shaft driven and built for the japan market and at some stage imported to New Zealand. I'm having trouble finding the correct manual for it at the moment if anyone can point me in the right direction.
    Attached Files
    1982 gs750gl shaft drive
    1980xs650
    1980cb750ka
    1990gsxr1100l

Welcome to the site, Jim.
    Bike looks to be in great shape.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

G I never heard of one of those, what the L is it again?
      Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
      '79 GS100E
      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Welcome. We didn’t get the 750 shaftie in North America. Haven’t come across a manual. But if I do, I’ll let you know.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by jimfish View Post
          Hi folks I recently joined and looking forward to checking out some sweet rides. This is my 82 gs750 ltd shaft driven and built for the japan market and at some stage imported to New Zealand. I'm having trouble finding the correct manual for it at the moment if anyone can point me in the right direction.
          Us in US will have not seen a shaft 750.

I see you listed it as a 750G and called it an LTD.
          TO findinformation on the model it might help to know:
          - "LTD" is Kawasaki talk.
          - THe side panel says 750L, and in discussion it can be called an L, but actaull model of the shaft drive L will be 750GL, GS750GL. Add the model year designation and it is GS750GLZ.

I dont really know, but I suspect a manaul for 850G/GL will be quite close.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks red man. yes the vin identifies it as a 750g and wasn't sure what was up with the L so thanks for your help. The 850g manual is the closest I have found so far except the carburetors seem to be pre set air/fuel mix and mine has a screw. just trying to sort out a dead spot at low rpm.
            1982 gs750gl shaft drive
            1980xs650
            1980cb750ka
            1990gsxr1100l

Comment

Originally posted by jimfish View Post
              . . . . . . except the carburetors seem to be pre set air/fuel mix and mine has a screw.. . . . . .
              That screw adjustment (if I understand you properly) was under a cap/plug (easily removed), and is not mentioned in the manual.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Very interesting indeed!

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 09-15-2021, 04:15 PM.
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

See link in my signature for BikeCliffs Website. Top of the files on the right margin, There’s an excellent BS (CV) Carb rebuilt tutorial by Ed Ness (Mr. Nessism). Read it. It will show you the removal of the caps over the screws that have evidently already been removed. Follow the steps he outlines if you want to thoroughly overhaul your carbs. It may be the only way to make sure it’s done right. Or get someone you know and trust to do just as good a job. Then check out all the other great stuff on that page.
                  Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 09-14-2021, 05:25 PM.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Not sure if the 750 was a sleeved-down or de-stroked 850, but yes, it was intended for the Japanese home market only. The screws on the cam end caps make it look more like a down-sized 850 than an up-sized 650.

Quite a step between front and rear seats, but the handlebars look a lot better than what we got.

Also interesting are the 'snowflake' wheels on an '82. Those ended in '81 for us.

Comment

That's a good looking bike - and I dislike shafties. The seat, the bars, all highly desirable styling cues from the '70's and '80's.

My '82 11E has snowflake wheels, as do all other '82s I've seen.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Is that a rectangular headlight with a chrome bucket? Hard to tell from the one pic. Never seen one of those.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Found this

Looks like the GS750 GL was a 1 year only model for the Japan market, 1981 only?
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Hey cheers for all the input. It was definitely meant for the Japanese market it has a red light in Japanese writing on the dash that comes on at 80kph( must remove that bulb) which was there speed limit. And I'm pretty sure they had a limit on there cc rating at some stage which makes me think its a down size 850. Has a round front head light and the handle bars are super comfortable also very wide. thanks Rich ill have a read up on that info and strip the carbs down after I get another bike back together.
                            Attached Files
                            1982 gs750gl shaft drive
                            1980xs650
                            1980cb750ka
                            1990gsxr1100l

Comment

absolutely on the money there Rich.
                              1982 gs750gl shaft drive
                              1980xs650
                              1980cb750ka
                              1990gsxr1100l

Comment