Norm Macdonald dead at 61

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peppermint Patti View Post
    I thought he was funny and very quick minded. I wonder if he started out at Second City, Canada. A lot of the Saturday Night actors started out with Second City experience. I had to laugh at the comment, "Is he really dead?" !!!
    He started out doing stand up at comedy clubs in Canada....his first "big break" was a writing gig for the Rosanne show.
    No signature

Comment

Second City TV was great! When I went to college (7 years down the drain) in upstate NY it was one of the shows I pulled in from Peterborough. O, Canada!
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        Second City TV was great! When I went to college (7 years down the drain) in upstate NY it was one of the shows I pulled in from Peterborough. O, Canada!
        I grew up in a village of 400 people...and me and another kid bonded over sctv....we were in grade 7 in 1977....most kids I knew didn't get it. But we sure did. To this day I recite skits.
        No signature

Comment

1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            He started out doing stand up at comedy clubs in Canada....his first "big break" was a writing gig for the Rosanne show.
            Have I ever mentioned that I studied and performed at Second City in Chicago? Truth... Lol...!

Comment

Originally posted by Peppermint Patti View Post
              Have I ever mentioned that I studied and performed at Second City in Chicago? Truth... Lol...!
              Shirley you jest? ()
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Omg still dead? Defund the coroner!
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Working...
                  X