Norm Macdonald dead at 61

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norm Macdonald dead at 61

Wow.....doesn't sound like many people knew he was dealing with cancer.

Loved this guy. Another great Canadian comedian. Big void left by his passing....a "comedian's comedian" for sure.

Norm Macdonald, the Canadian-born comedian who became an influential cast member of Saturday Night Live after he joined in 1993, has died. He was 61.
    Entertainment news site Deadline first reported his death Tuesday. Macdonald's management firm, Brillstein Entertainment, confirmed the news.
    Macdonald was born in Quebec City on Oct. 17, 1963, and spent his early years as a stand-up comedian touring across Canada. He eventually went on to write for shows like Roseanne and The Dennis Miller Show in the early '90s, before going on to host SNL's iconic segment "Weekend Update" from 1994-97.
    Macdonald died after a private battle with cancer, Brillstein stated. He was 61.
    No signature

Loved him as the voice of Pigeon on Mike Tyson Mysteries. Also on Roast(s). RIP
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Huh. Well, dang. That sucks.

I am glad that he was successful in keeping his medical information private, and so this is a surprise.

Trying to imagine what he would say about his own death, but I can't even begin to predict...

RIP.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Funny guy with his unique style of comedy. I thought he was hilarious and will be missed.
        1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Colbert said that Norm MacDonald was the only person who could make a joke about his own death that would be funny. He definitely had his own style.
          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
          82 gs1100L probably the next project
          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
            Colbert said that Norm MacDonald was the only person who could make a joke about his own death that would be funny. He definitely had his own style.
            He did, but he just never told anyone he was fighting cancer.
            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

I heard Colbert's take, but I have no idea who he was. Photo didn't help any.
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                I heard Colbert's take, but I have no idea who he was. Photo didn't help any.
                Seriously? I thinking man’s comic for sure.
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Seriously? I thinking man’s comic for sure.
                  Seriously....
                  Did he do anything besides SNL, of which I've only seen a couple episodes?

Although I do understand he was the voice for the America's Best Eyeglasses' owl.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Seriously....

Although I do understand he was the voice for the America's Best Eyeglasses' owl.
                    We know him because he is a Kanucklehead so we gravitate toward wrapping him in the flag and waving him around .... He is funny though and pretty good writer .... I wouldn't run out and buy it but if this is available for a Covid free ebook download from your local library this is a pretty good and funny read .....

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Is he still dead?
                      1983 GS 550 LD
                      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Burt Reynolds on 'Celebrity Jeopardy.' Fabulous!

Or telling 'Bazooka Joe' jokes on the roast of Bob Saget.

Or 'Pigeon' on Mike Tyson Mysteries.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

No signature

Comment

Seriously....

Hey Bob, he was not for everyone for sure....but he was very well respected by fellow comedians....read this piece about him please....it does a good job.

No signature

Comment

I thought he was funny and very quick minded. I wonder if he started out at Second City, Canada. A lot of the Saturday Night actors started out with Second City experience. I had to laugh at the comment, "Is he really dead?" !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X