Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Know Anything About Desk Lamps And Lightbulbs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toss it and buy a new lamp that uses a standard bulb. Less money, less time, less grief. It makes no difference what the lamp cost originally. The question is how much it is going to cost from this point forward to get and keep some light on your desk.
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      Well this has been fun ..... After playing telephone and email tag I finally got through to Artemide North America who passed my info on to headquarters in Italy who provided the information that the bulb I need is a ...." FLU 13W G24D-1 maybe 4’’ long max ..... Which apparently is made of " unobtainium " ..... I did do a search on Ebay with the thought that there may be some new old stock out there somewhere which apparently there is .... But no info on bulb length and no provision to ask the seller questions with the added plus of outrageous shipping costs .... The other alternative is to have the socket changed .... I have only found one place { so far } in Vancouver that does that and the person I spoke to didn't speak English very well and the best I could get out of her was an estimate of $160 plus the cost of the socket .....
      I told you which bulb you needed and where to buy it within a couple hours of your post. It's a $7 bulb. I also supplied you with an Amazon link to purchase it. Looks like it's a week in transit for me....not available in Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
        Toss it and buy a new lamp that uses a standard bulb. Less money, less time, less grief. It makes no difference what the lamp cost originally. The question is how much it is going to cost from this point forward to get and keep some light on your desk.
        It's not for my desk ..... It is to perform a medical procedure that I need a good quality very flexible and maneuverable lamp on the table next to me .... However I seem to have solved the problem as I have been in communication with a local business highly knowledgeable on the subject and he can get the bulb ..... Which made my day ..... Twenty loonies a bulb and I'll be ordering drawer full ..... Apparently the Artimede guy in Italy was wrong ..... I'm a happy camper right now ......
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
          I told you which bulb you needed and where to buy it within a couple hours of your post. It's a $7 bulb. I also supplied you with an Amazon link to purchase it. Looks like it's a week in transit for me....not available in Canada?

https://www.amazon.com/GE-20532-F13D...00N3WRD2&psc=1
          Thank you Vmass I did look at your link and read it carefully ..... But the bulb comes in 3,4,5, and 6 inch lengths . That ad does not say the bulb length but does say the package size is 6.6 inches long.... Anything longer than 4 inches won't fit..... And I don't know how much bigger the package is than the bulb for that one .... In any case I have solved it locally .... But I do appreciate the research you did ..... Just out of curiosity how did you figure out the socket match ? All the G series bulbs have a very similar look ......
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
            Thank you Vmass I did look at your link and read it carefully ..... But the bulb comes in 3,4,5, and 6 inch lengths . That ad does not say the bulb length but does say the package size is 6.6 inches long.... Anything longer than 4 inches won't fit..... And I don't know how much bigger the package is than the bulb for that one .... In any case I have solved it locally .... But I do appreciate the research you did ..... Just out of curiosity how did you figure out the socket match ? All the G series bulbs have a very similar look ......
            Nice...Keep it local! I simply did a Google search of your lamp and quickly found a site with info. I did see other bulbs similar but this is the only one that fit, according to your picture. The other ones have the pins and slots in different locations. That is odd that the length is not given.

Comment

Working...
            X