Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Know Anything About Desk Lamps And Lightbulbs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody Know Anything About Desk Lamps And Lightbulbs ?

Why am I putting this on a motorcycle forum ? .... Because I've run out of places to look ......I have Googled....Went up to my local hardware store with the information I found .... I have called a large lamp store who sell the friggin lamp ..... I have even attempted { unsuccessfully } to contact the parent company ..... And I can't find out what kind of light bulb this damn thing uses or where to get one ..... Does anybody know anything about these things ? It's an Artimede Tolomeo-mini desklamp ...... I have included a picture of the lamp and a couple I took of the socket..... If anyone knows anything about Italian lamps and what kind of bulb I need please let me know .....

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

G24d-1...........................

Comment

from this website:

"No desk lamp should make you use two hands to position it." - Michele De Lucchi. A study in balance and movement, the Tolomeo table lamp is designed for a fully adjustable direction of light. Created for Artemide in 1987 by Michele De Lucchi and Giancarlo Fassina, Tolomeo has become an icon almost 30 years after its b

Bulb is Not Included
      LED
      100W Max E26 (medium base) A19 LED Bulb | 120V
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

That's a really weird setup. I guess the hole in the top is to throw some light on the ceiling??? Seems odd. I hope the bulb doesn't cost too much, but since it's an LED it should last a long time.
        sigpic
        '77 GS550B
        '78 GS550C

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
          This

It's definitely not an E26!
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
            This

It's definitely not an E26!
            I see why he's having trouble, I was just regurgitating what I found on a site that sells the lamp. Had to look up E26, and you're right, that can't be it. Funny that the lamp is sold w/out the bulb nor any info on how/where to obtain one.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
              Do you know the lamp Vmass ? .... The reason I ask is there are about four different versions of the " G " series plug that look very similar ....
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                Do you know the lamp Vmass ? .... The reason I ask is there are about four different versions of the " G " series plug that look very similar ....
                I don't know this lamp specifically, but I believe this is the one you need:

Comment

Almost think I'd replace the socket with something more common. The lamp looks really nice though.
                  2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                  82 gs1100L probably the next project
                  1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                  1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Can you take a picture of the old bulb?
                    Charles
                    --
                    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
                      Can you take a picture of the old bulb?
                      It's a new lamp that has been sitting in the closet for a few years .... Didn't come with a bulb ......
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

The horses mouth

The specs etc for the pin and sleeve
                        1983 GS 550 LD
                        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

If all else fails, the hole in the back would make it really easy to put in a more typical socket -- LED or whatever. I'm using one right now -- with a standard household socket and an LED bulb.
                          sigpic
                          '77 GS550B
                          '78 GS550C

Comment

GX23-2

Compact Fluorescent 2-Pin GX23-2 Base 13W Bulb 3000K Color Temperature 660 Lumens 80 CRI 10000 hoursThis Sunlite 13 watt compact fluorescent PLD 2-Pin plug-in light bulb offers a light output of 660 lumens and a color accuracy of 80 CRI .It has an average lamp life of 10,000 hours.The 3000K color temperatur

You can also get an adapter for it so that you can use regular screw-in bulbs........... https://www.ledlight.com/gx23_2_pin_...dapter_ul.aspx
                            Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
                            "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
                            1982 GS1100E
                            1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Well this has been fun ..... After playing telephone and email tag I finally got through to Artemide North America who passed my info on to headquarters in Italy who provided the information that the bulb I need is a ...." FLU 13W G24D-1 maybe 4’’ long max ..... Which apparently is made of " unobtainium " ..... I did do a search on Ebay with the thought that there may be some new old stock out there somewhere which apparently there is .... But no info on bulb length and no provision to ask the seller questions with the added plus of outrageous shipping costs .... The other alternative is to have the socket changed .... I have only found one place { so far } in Vancouver that does that and the person I spoke to didn't speak English very well and the best I could get out of her was an estimate of $160 plus the cost of the socket .....
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                              X