Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to Get Touch Up Paint for 550ES?

Hi All,

I noticed there is a small rock chip on the tank of my GS550ES. I would like to get some touch up paint for it but cant find anything online. Im pretty sure that the paint code is 53L Royal Blue Number 2 paint. Does anyone know where to get this paint or a paint that is very similar? Any help is appreciated in advance.

Thanks,
    Joe

Forgot to mention that the bike is a White and Blue 1983 GS550ES for clarification

Comment

I had a little rock chip on my tank and used a black nail polish to touch it up. It is lacquer based and comes with a little brush. You would be hard pressed to find it now. There are thousands of colors available by different manufacturers. I am sure that you should be able to find something very close.
      I recently purchased a ceramic wash and coat and used it on my wife's car. I washed the car first then put an ounce in a gallon of clean water, went over the car with a sponge and buffed it with a microfiber cloth. I was skeptical at first but then I was really impressed with this product. There were some faded streaks from lock de icer under the door handles that had been there for years and they vanished. Very easy to apply and very little buffing required unlike using wax. Used some on the tank on my bike and it shines like new.

Comment

In Duplicolor, try BGM0438 Medium Quasar Metallic (80 WA9544).

It is not perfect, but it was fairly close for my 85 GS550E.
        1981 Suzuki GS250T
        1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
        1985 Suzuki GS550E
        2004 Suzuki GSF1200S

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
          I had a little rock chip on my tank and used a black nail polish to touch it up. It is lacquer based and comes with a little brush. You would be hard pressed to find it now. There are thousands of colors available by different manufacturers. I am sure that you should be able to find something very close.
          I recently purchased a ceramic wash and coat and used it on my wife's car. I washed the car first then put an ounce in a gallon of clean water, went over the car with a sponge and buffed it with a microfiber cloth. I was skeptical at first but then I was really impressed with this product. There were some faded streaks from lock de icer under the door handles that had been there for years and they vanished. Very easy to apply and very little buffing required unlike using wax. Used some on the tank on my bike and it shines like new.

The "ceramic wash and coat" that you used interests me;what type of store sells it? thanks,Bill

Comment

Working...
          X