Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88

Thread: 750 Katana Resurrection

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Catharines, On.
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Body work with a tie-down? That's a new one for me.
    I spy a baby Kat?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve murdoch View Post
    Body work with a tie-down? That's a new one for me.
    I spy a baby Kat?
    Seemed to be the logical way to achieve the result. And yes that's a 650. I've reposted the resto of the Six-Fiddy from another forum as a GSResources restoration thread.
    Last edited by KiwiAlfa156; 10-22-2021 at 04:05 AM.
    Darryl from Kiwiland

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,998

    Default

    I think I'm brake rotor obsessed... That cat in the background has two right hand rotors on the front wheel, I believe...
    GS850GT

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psyguy View Post
    I think I'm brake rotor obsessed... That cat in the background has two right hand rotors on the front wheel, I believe...
    That'd be correct, it's how that arrived too. I have a couple of sets of front rotors. Until I do something about it, you'll just have to look away.
    Darryl from Kiwiland

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4,591

    Default

    I recently bought a pair of nearly-new front discs. The fact that they're both LH means nothing to me. I really couldn't care less.
    They were being sold cheap as an unmatched pair for less than half the price a used matched pair would be, even well used.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

    Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

  6. #66
    Nessism's Avatar
    Nessism is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    33,887

    Default

    BRAKE DISC
    59211-45250

    Both RH and LH discs are the same PN

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nessism View Post
    BRAKE DISC
    59211-45250

    Both RH and LH discs are the same PN
    CMSNL lists RH 59211-45250 LH 59221-45250 (difference is the fourth digit)
    Darryl from Kiwiland

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimly View Post
    I recently bought a pair of nearly-new front discs. The fact that they're both LH means nothing to me. I really couldn't care less.
    They were being sold cheap as an unmatched pair for less than half the price a used matched pair would be, even well used.
    .

    Can't see 'em when your riding. I'd actually forgotten that the 650 had mismatched front discs.
    Darryl from Kiwiland

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiAlfa156 View Post
    .

    Can't see 'em when your riding. I'd actually forgotten that the 650 had mismatched front discs.
    Exactly, and nobody's going to get a chance to see 'em as I whip past them too fast.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

    Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

  10. #70
    Nessism's Avatar
    Nessism is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    33,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiAlfa156 View Post
    CMSNL lists RH 59211-45250 LH 59221-45250 (difference is the fourth digit)
    I stand corrected. Sorry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •