No announcement yet.

750 Katana Resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body work with a tie-down? That's a new one for me.
    I spy a baby Kat?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      Body work with a tie-down? That's a new one for me.
      I spy a baby Kat?
      Seemed to be the logical way to achieve the result. And yes that's a 650. I've reposted the resto of the Six-Fiddy from another forum as a GSResources restoration thread.
      Last edited by KiwiAlfa156; 10-22-2021, 04:05 AM.
      sigpicDarryl from Kiwiland

1982 GSX1100S Katana
      1982 GSX750S Katana
      1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

I think I'm brake rotor obsessed... That cat in the background has two right hand rotors on the front wheel, I believe...
        GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
          I think I'm brake rotor obsessed... That cat in the background has two right hand rotors on the front wheel, I believe...
          That'd be correct, it's how that arrived too. I have a couple of sets of front rotors. Until I do something about it, you'll just have to look away.

1982 GSX1100S Katana
          1982 GSX750S Katana
          1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

I recently bought a pair of nearly-new front discs. The fact that they're both LH means nothing to me. I really couldn't care less.
            They were being sold cheap as an unmatched pair for less than half the price a used matched pair would be, even well used.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

BRAKE DISC
              59211-45250

Both RH and LH discs are the same PN
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                BRAKE DISC
                59211-45250

Both RH and LH discs are the same PN
                CMSNL lists RH 59211-45250 LH 59221-45250 (difference is the fourth digit)

1982 GSX1100S Katana
                1982 GSX750S Katana
                1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                  I recently bought a pair of nearly-new front discs. The fact that they're both LH means nothing to me. I really couldn't care less.
                  They were being sold cheap as an unmatched pair for less than half the price a used matched pair would be, even well used.

Can't see 'em when your riding. I'd actually forgotten that the 650 had mismatched front discs.

1982 GSX1100S Katana
                  1982 GSX750S Katana
                  1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiAlfa156 View Post

Can't see 'em when your riding. I'd actually forgotten that the 650 had mismatched front discs.
                    Exactly, and nobody's going to get a chance to see 'em as I whip past them too fast.
                    ---- Dave
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiAlfa156 View Post
                      CMSNL lists RH 59211-45250 LH 59221-45250 (difference is the fourth digit)
                      I stand corrected. Sorry.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                        I stand corrected. Sorry.
                        No need to be sorry my friend.

1982 GSX1100S Katana
                        1982 GSX750S Katana
                        1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

Fairing sub-frame reassembled. Old headlight in as a place holder. A little tweaking required to align everything.

1982 GSX1100S Katana
                          1982 GSX750S Katana
                          1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

Next little job was straightening a buckled front guard

Not perfect, but ok by me.

Last edited by KiwiAlfa156; 10-26-2021, 03:36 AM.

1982 GSX1100S Katana
                            1982 GSX750S Katana
                            1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

Caliper piston kit and headlight arrived (finally). Fitted

The headlight doesn't have a fitting for the park light, but the LED indicators that I have for this bike have running lights, so I'll wire these to the park light out put.

The plan going forward is assemble the rear mudguard/tail light assembly (which I've painted). And refit the wiring loom. Unfortunately the coils look a bit poo, with some unsightly cracks.

1982 GSX1100S Katana
                              1982 GSX750S Katana
                              1982 GS650G Katana

Comment

If you're not a slave to originality, fit a pair of MP08 coils from a Honda CBr1000, Glodwing, etc. Dirt cheap, common as muck and dead reliable.
                                They also have a dead handy feature of having easily replaceable leads.
                                ---- Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X