Gs450 scrambler project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs450 scrambler project

So I'm working through a scrambler build on a 1981 gs 450. I have a lot of take of parts of anyone is interested.

Bike has 3800 miles garage kept for the last 30 years. Runs great but needs carbs cleaned
    Last edited by Suzukisam; 10-06-2021, 09:24 PM.

Not sure I understand. You selling? Parts, the whole bike ('project')? Or just keeping us informed about your build?

Either way, pics help.

Welcome to the site.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      Not sure I understand. You selling? Parts, the whole bike ('project')? Or just keeping us informed about your build?

Either way, pics help.

Welcome to the site.
      Sorry for the confusion I've been trying to add pics but it just kept giving me a site error. I'll try again today. But yes the thread is about my current project. Just putting it there I have no use for most of what I'm taking off

Comment

Anyone have any help with uploading images? I wanted to start a build thread but without pictures it's kind of pointless. I just keep getting "upload failed"

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukisam View Post
          Anyone have any help with uploading images? I wanted to start a build thread but without pictures it's kind of pointless. I just keep getting "upload failed"
          Link in my signature for using Imgur as a pic hosting site.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Man I downloaded the app and logged in on the website. It's just a social Medio app. I can't even figure out how to host images. It just tries to make me create a post

Comment

I use Flickr. You need to copy the BB code here to get a picture.
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Okay I figured it out with photo bucket!

Last edited by Suzukisam; 10-06-2021, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Comment

Look up Pete's in Australia thread. He did a pretty comprehensive one about building his 450 Scrambler....

By the way... you can run a CBR rotor & EX650 Caliper on that fork if my memory serves me correctly. There is a link in my sig below. The 450 uses the same size rotor as the bigger bikes 274mm so works with the standard kit.
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!

Comment

This is kind of the idea I have in mind. It was built by brick house builds here in missouri

Comment

So now that I have the photos all sorted out. I have stripped out down to the frame and painted everything. I ordered an 18"front wheel. So I'll be running 18 front 17 rear. I have shinko 700 tires. Pro taper high bars. Planning on running a 2:1 exhaust. Keeping all original gauges. I do leather work professionally, so I'll do a custom leather seat.

Comment

So I had to order an 18" wheel from Germany (couldn't find one in the US) still waiting for it to come. So I put the tires on place to get an idea of what it will look like.

Comment

I got the rear tire on and wheel assembled. Polished the brake plate up a little.

Comment

Working...
                              X