Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Shinko 700. 4.60/17 and a 4.60/18 front

Comment

Those could be my next pair of shoes. Currently on 705s. May go more aggressive with the 700s. Thanks
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Those could be my next pair of shoes. Currently on 705s. May go more aggressive with the 700s. Thanks
          How do you like them? I've heard mixed reviews. For the price I figured what the heck I'd try them out. I figured with heavy duty tubes what could it hurt?

Comment

I like the 705, I run without tubes. I ride a lot of forest gravel and dirt roads. The one flat I had could have been easily fixed at road side with a plug kit and compressor. I now carry both. I could not fathom attempting a tube swap or repair on the trail/roadside.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
              I like the 705, I run without tubes. I ride a lot of forest gravel and dirt roads. The one flat I had could have been easily fixed at road side with a plug kit and compressor. I now carry both. I could not fathom attempting a tube swap or repair on the trail/roadside.
              Honestly man this is going to be a complete toy. I don't know how oftenit will see anything more than grass. Mostly just asphalt. I ride a VTX 1800 retro most of the time and I just wanted something light and fun to ride. My vtx1800 is life 750 pounds I want something light weight to enjoy
              Last edited by Suzukisam; 10-11-2021, 10:54 PM.

Comment

You bike looks amazing, I am excited to see more photos and in the future adventure of your Scrambler.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbnvds4 View Post
                  You bike looks amazing, I am excited to see more photos and in the future adventure of your Scrambler.
                  Thanks man! I'm really excited!

Comment

Got the tires mounted and the kick stand on yesterday. Finally have a rolling chassis!

Comment

A buddy has a VTX and i had to push it around in his garage.
                      Certainly the weight is down low but it is a pig.

Success on the roller status. Keep at it!
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                        A buddy has a VTX and i had to push it around in his garage.
                        Certainly the weight is down low but it is a pig.

Success on the roller status. Keep at it!
                        Thanks! The vtx1800 is a an absolute monster. I'm hoping my little scrambler will be a nice compliment to the beast. Best of both worlds 😁

Comment

update motor installed and new gold chain fitted

Comment

I have my carbs off and they are in the ultrasonic cleaner now. If any of you are well versed in rebuilding these carbs please chime in. Carbs are still in factory running condition. However they are ask dried up. Have been sitting since '95. My plan was to count turns as I disassemble and reassemble with the same number of turns on all the jets. Any wisdom would be appreciated

Comment

There are 10million threads about carbs here https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...b-Fuel-Exhaust
                              some here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...vetrain-Clutch
                              and elswhere...
                              and,
                              There is plenty of pdfs and more about rebuilding very very similar carbs here:BikeCliff's Website
                              get the SHOP manual here:GS450 Official Service Manual PDF
                              ...it is a little "tight" about letting you adjust mixture so1 and a half to 2 is a good place to start for idle mix...but they're usually adjusted when the bike is warm and running with all else "good". It is VERY simple on a twin...similar to a lawnmower.

Comment

Use the link in my signature for BikeCliff's Website. The one Gorminrider gave you is old, and most of the links are broken. Below the top section of manuals/wiring diagrams, top of the right column of links is this guide. Use it.

Mikuni BS(CV) Carburetor Rebuild Tutorial
                                (Mr. Nessism)
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Working...
                                X