Clear All

Looking good so far!
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
      Looking good so far!
      Thanks man! I've been super busy haven't had much time to work on it. I'm still going through the carb tutorials the other members sent me. Thanks to you all for that

Comment

So I'm trying to find exhaust. I wanted the mac 2:1. Does anyone know where I can find new or used exhaust?

Comment

Okay so all the wiring is finished and the motor is cranking now.
          Just have to paint the tank, and get fuel flowing. I fired it on a squirt of starting fluid, and she fired right up. Oil and filter are changed. I have a better headlight with a cage ordered.

Comment

I'm going to run these mufflers and wrap the factory pipes in titanium colored wrap till I come up with another exhaust I like better. Three mufflers are just hanging there, they will be in a straight line once clamped and the bracket is installed
            Last edited by Suzukisam; 12-29-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

"Clamor" - a loud uproar, to utter noisily, a loud and persistent noise.
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Started the body work on the tank tonight. Almost ready for color and clear

Comment

Painted the bottom of the tank tonight

Comment

Painted my tank today

Comment

Paint looks good. Was it rattle can. Looks to good for rattle can

Comment

Not very many people, even a lot of pros don't paint the underside of a gas tank. I've never understood that. Well done.
                        1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by craz1 View Post
                          Paint looks good. Was it rattle can. Looks to good for rattle can
                          Thanks man. I rattle can'd the base color. But I cleared it with 5 coats of catalyzed clear and one of my hvlp's. Base coat doesn't matter and doesn't need to be shiny so just laying the metallic out correctly is all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                            Not very many people, even a lot of pros don't paint the underside of a gas tank. I've never understood that. Well done.
                            I started painting in a hotrod shop, and currently am a house painter for over 20 years. I had light rust underneath and wanted to correct and seal that. The factory didn't worry about painting the underside very well either
                            Last edited by Suzukisam; 01-11-2022, 01:28 AM.

Comment

I'm going to run these gold badges. Should look nice with the gold chain, brass leather accents. Instead of the right side cover I'm going to make a custom fit leather messenger pouch

Comment

Looks good, Sam.
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X