My next bike!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
    Congrats, going to be a long winter. I prefer the blue as well.
    Lol...yes...I'm not a very patient guy....
    No signature

Comment

Got a text yesterday from my buddy that owns the dealership where I ordered my bike...he said he was talking to the president of Suzuki Canada yesterday and the guy asked "what kind of customer ordered the new GT"? My buddy said he sent him this picture and said "this kind of guy"! Lol...the guy was happy.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Got a text yesterday from my buddy that owns the dealership where I ordered my bike...he said he was talking to the president of Suzuki Canada yesterday and the guy asked "what kind of customer ordered the new GT"? My buddy said he sent him this picture and said "this kind of guy"! Lol...the guy was happy.
        Good thing the BMW is well-disguised...
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I'm convinced my next bike will be a GSX-1000 GT. However I need to welcome the new human to the family first and wear out this FJ-09 in the process... Figuring a few years at least to accomplish those goals.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

So after spending the weekend at Jethro's and talking bikes I for curiosity sake asked about the likely hood of the GSX-S1000GT coming to our local dealer. I got the usual rigmarole of asking for a deposit. I asked again just what would be required to get one and I was told I have to place an order as the supply was going to be very limited this year and my local dealer is still waiting on the new Hayabusa to land.

Anyway looking to be in the $13.5K range before the state and DMV get's their cut for the GT + . Super tempting as it's pretty dang affordable. I'll be paying for one in cash as I am no longer financing anything (minus what's let of the house)... Again I think next season I'll plan to just run the Yamaha and save up to see how finances look. Maybe I could score a good end of season deal with a fair sale of the Tracer and perhaps a second bike this time next year but again likely not.

Trevor, I'll be watching your story keenly. If you'd be willing to share a summary after a few thousand miles of ownership I'd much appreciate it.

Best,
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

It finally arrived.
              While I was away in California I got an email saying the bike had shown up....they have been having major issues delivering this bike worldwide....it' the first GTA to come to Canada and I was away...lol...I told my dealer to unbox and get it ready for me...I got him to take some photos...I'll be going up there this week to pick it up....unfortunately the bags have been showing up in dealers two weeks later....

No signature

Comment

EXCELLENT!!! I'm looking forward to more pictures and stories Trev! I'm about 99% sure that bike is going to replace my FJ-09 when it's time to let it go.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  EXCELLENT!!! I'm looking forward to more pictures and stories Trev! I'm about 99% sure that bike is going to replace my FJ-09 when it's time to let it go.
                  Thanks, the reports from new owners in the UK so far have been very good. Lots of great test rides from online guys and magazines too.
                  Can't wait!
                  No signature

Comment

Sure makes my little ebay parcel thrills pathetic Hope you've been studying the manual- it looks like there's as much software as hardware in that bike! Yikes!

Comment

looks great! Is there luggage capacity (secret compartment) amongst all that plastic out front?
                      1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

that looks great! I love the colour.
                        1986 1150EF
                        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

I picked it up today....went for a small ride as I didn't get home till late...I'm very happy and can't believe it's finally in my garage. Now tomorrow I will spend the day trying to figure out how everything works...lol

Oreo approves!
                          No signature

Comment

haha you may have a generous loving wife but you might be stretching it with that dog...puzzled dog.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                              haha you may have a generous loving wife but you might be stretching it with that dog...puzzled dog.jpg
                              Lol....poor Oreo...
                              No signature

Comment

Love that Oreo is still kicking around with you guys, such a good old dog.

Man I love that TFT dash, Suzuki nailed it with that bike... Saving my pennies now for one in a few years. Interested to hear how it compares to the old GSX-S1000 you had, also would love to know touring capabilities, average MPGs and the like.

Really happy for ya buddy, enjoy that bike!

Cheers!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X