Need help identifying bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help identifying bike

Hey everyone I picked up a 86 gs400e and took it in for a safety here in Canada. Now apparently they can confirm it is a gs400e and one of the last to roll out of a showroom before discontinuing. However they can't pull up parts info. As in is it the same parts as the older models or are their niche ones for that year. It needs a rear bearing and the swing arm bushings. And a cam tensioner I believe. If anyone knows of they started the same the entire course of the run I'd greatly appreciate the insight!

I know the 400S was still available in '86 but wasn't aware of the E still being made.
    A pic and a VIN including the letters will help in the deciphering.

Welcome to the site.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Parts? go here and get the part numbers. Note that you have a "GSX" engine- ie: 4 valves per cylinder. They also have an "also fits" ie:the oil filter suits thousands of models.. certain things are common on many Suzuki bikes, certain things are not and certain things are RARE belonging only to your bike or at least the few years they made it.

The USA didn't get this bike so it's invisible to many. Haynes publishes a manual that suits your bike.

✓ Official Suzuki parts list ✓ Easy repairs with OEM diagrams ✓ Free acccess to parts fiches for Suzuki GSX400S 1986 (G) GENERAL EXPORT (E01)
      Last edited by Gorminrider; 09-29-2021, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X