• Show
Clear All

More '82 GS1100E love from Yammie Noob

Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

I have 130 rear tires on my "T". It worked for me.

That GS1100 is so beefy!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I don't know, I thought the one guy was a weenie. Maybe if they would have replaced the brake lines it would of helped with the braking. . And that seat does not do the 82 1100e any justice. Lube up the shift linkage and get a new clutch cable would do it wonders... Of course that little 700 is going to be lighter and more nimble !��
      Last edited by storm 64; 09-30-2021, 09:27 PM.
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

There was land speed bike that was turbocharged. Hmmmm....
        Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
        '79 GS100E
        Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Yeah, I would like to see the kid with the E get the clutch and brakes squared away, and get a proper seat on it. The white seat is just gross.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Pretty decent looking red '83 locally here for $2500. Pics are not from Lake Forest CA.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
            '79 GS100E
            Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Rider was complaining about the brakes...not joining the GSR probably limited his knowledge on fixing them.

It's the precursor to the Busa...huh? Interesting.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I call mine the grandpappy of the Busa, i.e. the GuSa. Or maybe it should be GrandBusa
                Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                '79 GS100E
                Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                  I don't know, I thought the one guy was a weenie. Maybe if they would have replaced the brake lines it would of helped with the braking. . And that seat does not do the 82 1100e any justice. Lube up the shift linkage and get a new clutch cable would do it wonders... Of course that little 700 is going to be lighter and more nimble ya jack wagon!"

Right spot on Norm. That guy was a weenie rider.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Not impressed by their shallowness of knowledge.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
                      Pretty decent looking red '83 locally here for $2500. Pics are not from Lake Forest CA.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...386967824.html
                      I like it...it's nicely priced too.

I'm the type to make a cross-country road trip to pick up a bike like that.

Sell my HF trailer and get a nice 5 X 10 Trailer from Lowe's.

But, be that as it may...I'm postponing that for the time being.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                        Not impressed by their shallowness of knowledge.
                        Agreed, but it is nice to see someone producing any kind of content that features a GS. Yammie Noob does have almost a million subscribers. I did comment on the video with a link to the GSR so we could help the kid get the bike in shape. We’ll see if he shows up.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Evidently he was referring to my bike at 3:04 per a comment I made and he responded to.
                          Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                          '79 GS100E
                          Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Kind'f of what has been known forever. They're just commenting on the refinements that have been made over the past 40 yrs.... Would have been much the same if in 1982 if someone compared a GS1100 to an old CB750 or KZ900 & that would have been only 10 yrs.
                            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I remember the same feeling of "I think I'm gonna die" after riding my gs750 for the first time after I got my license and being used to a modern gsr600, it wouldn't turn, wouldn't brake and the whole thing was just crap!
                              Turns out all that was just because of neglect, after sorting out the brakes, suspension and putting some new tires on it transformed the whole bike and I had no trouble hustling that thing on the twisties

Comment

Working...
                              X