Buzzkill post of the week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzzkill post of the week

Hey all. I know that many of you don't know me, but I lurk the forum quite a bit and I get out to the BCR, the Southeast rally (when it still happened), and the Ozarks, to ride with some excellent people whenever I get the chance. I have had the pleasure of calling many of you my friends for nearly fifteen years. While she never rode with me (she was terrified of motorcycles), my wife Angie would often join us at the BCR for some fellowship, and she too liked many of you. I was so excited for her to meet those of you that come to the rallies, and after her first visit, I had blanket approval to ride with you all whenever the occasion presented itself. She even grew to enjoy hanging out at the illustrious Rosemount Motel and exploring Bedford while we were out riding just so she could spend time with the group when the riding day was done.

Last year, early in August, a mass was discovered in her abdomen. We were concerned, but this had happened a year-and-a-half prior, and the mass inexplicably went away. Well, as it would turn out, this time it did not. Angie had lymphoma, and she endured chemo treatments, hospitalizations, and a fairly steady deterioration over the past year. We had a nearly two-month reprieve where we got to take one final family trip to Walt Disney World, but then the tumor came back, and no treatment was able to reverse its growth.

Angie passed away at home with her family on September 11, 2021. I only post this here now, because many of you are not on Facebook and may not have been aware. I was disappointed to miss out on riding with you all this year, but I got to spend a few more precious moments with my wife, best friend, and high-school sweetheart of thirty years. I hope to get back to riding with y'all next season, but I think the spirited riding I always enjoyed will be toned down a bit, because now I am conscious of the fact that I am the sole parent and provider for my 16 year old daughter. I might be relegated to the sight-seeing groups now, instead of the bleary-eyed, knuckle-dragging, speed-demon groups.

Thank you to all that have been there for me with prayers and positive thoughts over the past year. I have been able to feel that nearly tangibly through it all. And, thank you to those that always welcomed Angie at the group rides and made her feel included. It meant more to her than you all could know.

Hug your loved ones tight, and never pass up the opportunity to make a memory. You never know if you'll have tomorrow.

Rodney, aka Oramac
    sigpic

Oh man Rodney, that sucks. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Life isn't fair sometimes.

Ed
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Very sad, I am so sorry for your loss.

Comment

I’ve never had the pleasure, but I am sorry for your loss. Peace.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Sorry to hear. You have my condolences.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Those of us who met her, were indeed fortunate.
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Heartfelt condolences to a fellow GSer and family.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Condolences...Cherish the memories.
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

My condolences. It was special that she was at home with her family.
                  She may have made a pact with your daughter to take care of you ?
                  97 R1100R
                  Previous
                  80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Gosh, such sad news. I remember her at the rallies, such a nice lady. I can't imagine what you and your daughter are going through. Hang in there friend.
                    My Motorcycles:
                    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)
                    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Very sad news indeed Rodney. I'm sorry for all that you and your daughter have endured. As said earlier, sometimes life just isn't fair.

I do remember meeting her once at the BCR and remember her as being a very nice person. I guess you can count your blessings for having her in your life for the past 30 years and whenever you are thinking of her, your memories will help you get through the day.

God bless you my friend.
                      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Terribly sad news. My condolences, chap.
                        ---- Dave
                        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Was so sorry to hear of your loss. She was certainly wonderful, evidenced by the fact that she put with our lot so well. Hope to see you soon.
                          Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Sorry to hear your news mate. I don't believe I met Angie but I would have liked to. Make sure you call on the local guys, it's gotta be hard not to feel lonely at such a time. Here's to the next rally, it sounds like she most definitely would have approved of you attending.

As to the single parent thing - different I know - but when I had kids my wife wasn't able to work (Visa stuff) so I was somewhat in the same spot financially. I upgraded all of my safety gear at that time for some modicum of peace of mind. It certainly helped a bit. Just a thought.
                            1980 GS1000G - Sold
                            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                              I guess you can count your blessings for having her in your life for the past 30 years and whenever you are thinking of her, your memories will help you get through the day.
                              God bless you my friend.
                              That's how I get through this. Instead of being sad/angry for what I lost, I am truly grateful for the time and blessings we enjoyed together. When it's right, it's never long enough.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X