At last!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last!!

IMG_20211004_140606.jpg. So After who knows how many years, I took my 83 GS750E for a shake down ride. Engine and tranny are
    great. All electricals working. I still have the old front brake pads in and the brakes are HORRIBLE. EBC pads in my future. No leaks of
    any kind. I'm super happy so far.

Mad
    83 GS750E
    2006 ZX14
    2004 KTM 450 EXC
    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Glad to see you have it on the road!
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Yup....Looks nice!

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Nice. . .
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Maddevill View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]63420[/ATTACH]. So After who knows how many years, I took my 83 GS750E for a shake down ride. Engine and tranny are
          great. All electricals working. I still have the old front brake pads in and the brakes are HORRIBLE. EBC pads in my future. No leaks of
          any kind. I'm super happy so far.

Mad
          It seems like you had so much fun, are you planning to upgrade this classic ride?

Comment

I've already got Sonic springs on the way. Eventually I'm going to get an IKON shock. Other than that, new tires.

Mad
            83 GS750E
            2006 ZX14
            2004 KTM 450 EXC
            2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Congrats mad, looks like you did a great job...Naw, It's a classic the way it is, it should stay that way. Wouldn't change a thing that couldn't easily be put right back to OEM. If you want something to ride that performs, stops, handles like a newer modern bike, Get a newer more modern bike...Just my opinion.
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Awesome bike! Can't go wrong with EBC pads.

Comment

I agree with keeping it mostly stock. It does have aftermarket clip ons. I already have a ZX14 for raising Hell.
                  I was working for Yamaha when the GS came out. There was a Honda/Suzuki dealer across the street. 2 bikes came out that
                  I instantly fell in love with. This one and the 86 VFR750. Ended up owning both of them.

Mad
                  83 GS750E
                  2006 ZX14
                  2004 KTM 450 EXC
                  2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Originally posted by Maddevill View Post
                    I agree with keeping it mostly stock. It does have aftermarket clip ons. I already have a ZX14 for raising Hell.
                    I was working for Yamaha when the GS came out. There was a Honda/Suzuki dealer across the street. 2 bikes came out that
                    I instantly fell in love with. This one and the 86 VFR750. Ended up owning both of them.

Mad
                    It looks great my friend! I'm not a fan of clip ons...and yours are even lower..ouch...I converted mine to super bike bars...much better for me.
                    No signature

Comment

Working...
                    X