No announcement yet.

New DR650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, thanks for the heads up, I just talked to Al by phone and Doug by email, not quite as good a deal as you got but close enough.

I'm coming over on the 20th for work, so will pick it up then.

David.
    2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
    2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
    1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
    2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
    1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
    1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
    1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
    Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Awesome, congrats to both of you!!!
      Last edited by RichDesmond; 10-07-2021, 09:10 PM.
      '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
        Cool, thanks for the heads up, I just talked to Al by phone and Doug by email, not quite as good a deal as you got but close enough.

I'm coming over on the 20th for work, so will pick it up then.

David.
        Lol David that's awesome! Hey if you have time on the 20th please come by for a visit!
        No signature

Comment

Picked up my new DR650 today....and then dragged it through the accessory department...felt like I was buying a Harley! Lol
          Skid plate, big fuel tank, engine case saver, heated grips, lever guards, Yoshi exhaust and jet kit, Pro Taper fat bars, LED headlight, tail tidy, bar risers....still need a few other things....looking forward to piecing it together

No signature

Comment

Exciting Trev !

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            . . . . . . . . . . . ...my buddy that owns the shop . . . .
            . . . . .
            He must really like you now. Two new bikes in a couple weeks.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Exciting Trev !

He must really like you now. Two new bikes in a couple weeks.
              Yes, and a referral to kiwi Canuck here and I just told them to put one on hold for my neighbour...lol

My buddy's shop is the number one seller of DR650s in BC and consistently sells the most in Canada
              No signature

Comment

Some members have early Christmas this year - congrats! Sweet looking color combo, I really like it!

Comment

Picked up my new DR650 today....and then dragged it through the accessory department...felt like I was buying a Harley! Lol
                  Skid plate, big fuel tank, engine case saver, heated grips, lever guards, Yoshi exhaust and jet kit, Pro Taper fat bars, LED headlight, tail tidy, bar risers....still need a few other things....looking forward to piecing it together

Very nice Trevor, what is this item? something from JNS Engineering?

That Warp 9 stuff is really nice, the engine guards are cool as they are fastened on rather than glued on.

Pretty cool that Mile Zero carry all those accessories in stock rather than ordering from Procycle in the US.

What rear rack are you putting on and what about any luggage options?

I had a rear rack from Scaggs on my 2013 Dr and it was slick, may go with the same one if they get them back in stock soon.
                  A bullet proof rack for a bullet proof bike! Fitment spans the whole range from 1996 to 2021. This rack uses 1/8" thick Laser cut Stainless Steel side brackets for a hassle free maintenance mounted below the 1/4" Thick Black Anodized Aluminum Billet Rack. This assembly straddles and stiff

I'm probably going to buy side racks again from Motoracks.com, warrantied for life and they were awesome.

Look forward to seeing yours in person in a few weeks.

David
                  2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
                  2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
                  1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
                  2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
                  1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
                  1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
                  1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
                  Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
                    Very nice Trevor, what is this item? something from JNS Engineering?

That Warp 9 stuff is really nice, the engine guards are cool as they are fastened on rather than glued on.

Pretty cool that Mile Zero carry all those accessories in stock rather than ordering from Procycle in the US.

What rear rack are you putting on and what about any luggage options?

I had a rear rack from Scaggs on my 2013 Dr and it was slick, may go with the same one if they get them back in stock soon.
                    A bullet proof rack for a bullet proof bike! Fitment spans the whole range from 1996 to 2021. This rack uses 1/8" thick Laser cut Stainless Steel side brackets for a hassle free maintenance mounted below the 1/4" Thick Black Anodized Aluminum Billet Rack. This assembly straddles and stiff

I'm probably going to buy side racks again from Motoracks.com, warrantied for life and they were awesome.

Look forward to seeing yours in person in a few weeks.

David
                    Thanks David,
                    That is an led headlight...plug and play.
                    Do you ever look at at what Dirtracks out of Langley has?
                    No signature

Comment

Well I brought my DR up to the dealer last week for the 1000kms break in service...and while there I had a local suspension guru do his stuff on it....All Race Tech components...expensive but a game changer on the pogo stick DR.
                      Plus had the Yoshi pipe installed and carb jetted.
                      Added a few more goodies to the already long list...Warp 9 rear disc guard,Dunlop 606 tires, warp 9 levers, rear tail rack, 14 tooth front sprocket for more first gear grunt, Ram mirrors, etc etc
                      So I have spent so much money on this DR now that I could have bought a new 701 or 690....yikes....lol
                      But now I have one bad azz DR650 that will be reliable....and with a 5 year warranty.

No signature

Comment

Very nice!! Although anything saying "Warp 9" on a DR650 is kinda funny.
                        '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                          Very nice!! Although anything saying "Warp 9" on a DR650 is kinda funny.
                          Lol...yes it is...but with my goodies it's a bit faster...
                          No signature

Comment

Congratulations on the new DR. I myself bought a first gen 1994 a few months ago. Its amazing how these things can be upgraded. In Australia there's a suspension company with a video showing their DR clearing massive double jumps on a MX track. And I guess they're really reliable.

Mad
                            83 GS750E
                            2006 ZX14
                            2004 KTM 450 EXC
                            2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Lol...yes it is...but with my goodies it's a bit faster...
                              Lose that 40 pounds
                              1983 GS 550 LD
                              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                                Lose that 40 pounds
                                The bike definitely shed some pounds with the upgrades... that stock exhaust is stupid heavy.
                                If you mean me.. well I could lose 5lbs
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X