I'm tired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tired...

So, as some will know, I finally got my 83 750E running. Now time to replace the 10 Year old Avon tires. I went through the
    Search and pretty much figured out what kind I'm going to get. Right now I'm seriously considering the Pirelli Sport Demons.
    My question is, who has the best deals on tires ? Remember, I'm a cheap bastard

Mad
    83 GS750E
    2006 ZX14
    2004 KTM 450 EXC
    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Originally posted by Maddevill View Post
    So, as some will know, I finally got my 83 750E running. Now time to replace the 10 Year old Avon tires. I went through the
    Search and pretty much figured out what kind I'm going to get. Right now I'm seriously considering the Pirelli Sport Demons.
    My question is, who has the best deals on tires ? Remember, I'm a cheap bastard

Mad
    I love my Pirelli Sport Demons
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      I love my Pirelli Sport Demons
      Ditto that. (On my 11E).
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Then if you truly are a cheap bastard, you will be hard pressed to find a better quality tire than the Shinkos. Best tire for the money although you won't get as much mileage from them.

They handle well in wet or dry conditions but living in California, you may wear out a set within 12 months.

Most of us who use them enjoy the good feeling of fitting new ones once a season, albeit our season is quite a bit shorter than yours on the left coast.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

You can get your tires from American Moto tire or Rocky Mountain ATV. Check them out online.

The 230 model is a favorite of a lot of us and also the 712 model works well.
          Last edited by alke46; 10-06-2021, 01:57 PM.
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

+1 on the Sport Demons...our sources north of the border are not going to be a great option for you right now, but Motorcycle Superstore (now JP Cycles) used to be my goto for the best deals when I was buying tires on a more regular basis.
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

American Moto Tire or Rocky Mountain ATV always seem to have the best delivered prices.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
              X