Rubber plug stuck on 2/4 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber plug stuck on 2/4 carbs

I’m working on the standard mikuni inline 4. Carbs 2 and 3 have a “rubber plug” that looks completely gummed up and doesn’t come out like 1 and 4.

am I supposed to get these plugs out? They’re long and not like a little cap.
    Main lady- 2009 Nightster 1200
    Project Lady- 1982 GS650 G

Nevermind! I got frustrated an Jammed a pen inside the plug to pry them out.

Comment

Well, you did wait a whole 7 minutes without a reply to your question. So you did what you had to do. Assume you mean the ones covering the pilot jets. Yes, remove and replace with new. See page 36. http://zeus.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage...d_Tutorial.pdf
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
        Well, you did wait a whole 7 minutes without a reply to your question. So you did what you had to do. Assume you mean the ones covering the pilot jets. Yes, remove and replace with new. See page 36. http://zeus.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage...d_Tutorial.pdf
        I’m not sure how to delete a thread so I left it up w my solution haha. Im learning rapidly that sometimes it takes a little frustration and not being so gingerly with things to get old bikes apart.

Comment

Yep. Get after it. To delete a thread you started click the edit post link near the bottom right of the post. Should figure out how to delete the post from there.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
          X