Sold my 1982 GS650g and missing it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by streetgs View Post
    And after looking at other bikes I realized that had characteristics I like, like the right seat height, etc.
    What I like about my 1982 GS650G that’s seemingly impossible to get in new bikes today: shaft drive, sub-700cc, air cooled, over 70 hp (when new), fuel gauge (not a low fuel warning light), gear indicator, dual exhaust, upright position, and a centre stand. The only thing I’d change is to a larger fuel tank - though I’ve addressed that with a 5L jerry can in the panniers.

1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

I've regretted selling a lot of things in my life always telling myself I'll get another one someday. I'm only in my mid 40's and have just started to realize that this will most likely not happen. I remember a couple of years ago I visited a fella in a neighboring state to check out a Corvair I was really interested in. He had three garages that he ended up hooking together so he didn't have to walk outside from one to the other. He also built this 40x50 pole building that had heated concrete floors. He had about 5 cars and trucks but about 40 motorcycles all in mint condition. I asked him how he keeps them all in running condition, and he told me he uses jet fuel which is just a higher alcohol content and never goes bad. He told me he puts it in all his engines. He lives near a small airport and they sell the fuel to the public.

Anyhow, he told me when he was younger he had to sell things in order to get other things, and it always bothered him. So when he turned late 30's he told himself he wasn't going to sell anything anymore unless he just wanted to. He said he sold only one motorcycle as a trade for the Corvair I went to look @. His buddy kept bugging him for that particular bike but didn't have any money. So he offered the Corvair Spyder as a partial trade and the guy I was talking to said he didn't really want to do anything with it. He was interested in my 66 F350 dully I had and I was working on a trade for the Corvair which was my favorite year and color combo. After talking with him for like 5 hours I decided I just couldn't part with my 66. I still have it today.
      In a World Full of Copycats Be an Original

Comment

Working...
      X