It ain't me (50 hours in a tree)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It ain't me (50 hours in a tree)

Yes, I live in Queens, NY. But I am not, repeat NOT the man who has just spent 50 hours in a tree to avoid the police.

I know it sounds like me. And to be honest, I wasn't even sure it wasn't me till I saw his picture on TV. But I appreciate your concern.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Story link?
    The message it too short......
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Just saw it on the local news. His mom called po-po when he threatened her. When 5-0 arrived, mom decided to threaten them. They set up an air bag, but he remained into his third day, with "blankets and minimal water." Neighbors and others brought lawn chairs and were there to "support" him. He even had cotton for his ears when the fuzz tried to persuade him down with loud music.

UPDATE: He just jumped back onto the roof of his house. I guess he's mom's problem again.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Sometime in NY City

Authorities finally got around to criminally charging the care givers of a child who died of starvation half a year ago.

To be accurate, there were two completely separate cases. A 7-year-old Bronx boy and an 8-year-old girl just north of the city. The boy weighed 37 pounds.

Does this shyte happen where you guys live? I'm guessing it happens across the universe. Just like with firearms, there are places in this city where you can surrender children, no questions asked. The difference is that they pay you for the guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          Just saw it on the local news. His mom called po-po when he threatened her. When 5-0 arrived, mom decided to threaten them. They set up an air bag, but he remained into his third day, with "blankets and minimal water." Neighbors and others brought lawn chairs and were there to "support" him. He even had cotton for his ears when the fuzz tried to persuade him down with loud music.

UPDATE: He just jumped back onto the roof of his house. I guess he's mom's problem again.

There isn't any law prohibiting sitting in a tree, and he isn't a threat to anyone, so why not ignore him?
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            There isn't any law prohibiting sitting in a tree, and he isn't a threat to anyone, so why not ignore him?
            Fortunately, saner police heads prevailed, and the cops retreated. It seems that when they removed the yellow tape (whole block was shut to traffic, and an inner exclusionary zone around the tree was taped off). Cops disappeared, leaving a 'mental health van' and crew. Neighbors and other spectators very soon picked up their lawn chairs and left.

Last I saw, he came down and was holding court on the front porch. It was said he had agreed to go in the orange van with the orange uniformed crew once the cops left. He had a police grudge from a month prior when it was alleged he punched his girlfriend. This time he only verbally threatened Mom.

It is virtually impossible to mandate medication to adults who are no longer institutionalized. Same story with the woman who pushed another woman into the side of an incoming train recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              Fortunately, saner police heads prevailed, and the cops retreated. It seems that when they removed the yellow tape (whole block was shut to traffic, and an inner exclusionary zone around the tree was taped off). Cops disappeared, leaving a 'mental health van' and crew. Neighbors and other spectators very soon picked up their lawn chairs and left.

Last I saw, he came down and was holding court on the front porch. It was said he had agreed to go in the orange van with the orange uniformed crew once the cops left. He had a police grudge from a month prior when it was alleged he punched his girlfriend. This time he only verbally threatened Mom.

It is virtually impossible to mandate medication to adults who are no longer institutionalized. Same story with the woman who pushed another woman into the side of an incoming train recently.

Pushing someone into an oncoming train is a different matter.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                Pushing someone into an oncoming train is a different matter.
                The mothers of both alleged perpetrators made almost identical statements: 'He(she) was fine back when they were on their meds.'

Both had mental health case files. Beyond that, it's speculation. Anger, apparently. When treeman allegedly punched his girlfriend months ago, he became very angry at the way the police treated him. Very angry. He spewed some hate speech, and people departed. Finally, a first step by police (in general) toward de escalation. What about next time?

The video of the train incident is very violent. Perp charged full speed into a smaller, older Asian woman. Train was doing a nice clip. Last I heard vic was in facial surgery, but not life threatening. What about next time?

Comment

Working...
                X