Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to AFM

Hello folks ,
    Today I drove down to Thunderhill Raceway Park to meet up with an old friend. We were both helping a Novice racer on his R3.
    I haven't been to an AFM round I retired from racing in 2007. It only took a few seconds for the old bug to hit me. Just fantastic
    seeing the bikes live. In the Super Dinosaur class there were a couple of CB900Fs, a KZ1000 and a GS 1000. Man those guys were
    ripping ! I don't know what the guy with the KZ has done to his engine but it was revving well beyond the normal redline..... and smoking
    a bit too. The GS pilot did a massive wheelie off the start line and carried it for quite a ways. All this got my infantile brain to start
    churning and burping around inside my melon. Hmmm....I've got another 83 GS750. I'm about to start getting fixed up......Super Dinosaur ?
    Mwahahahaha ! Doh! Still have a bad knee and it would no doubt cost me a small fortune.... Oh well. A boy can dream.

Mad
    83 GS750E
    2006 ZX14
    2004 KTM 450 EXC
    2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Slim chance, but might go there on 11/1-2 for a trackday. Been there once, did the tight West loop on 83 Kat, but yet to try the East or full track they usually run once a year. My 5 year old TH long sleeve T is rather tattered, so it might be an excuse to get another one, since I hate to pay shipping! Ha.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Hey, let me know if you decide to go. If I'm free maybe ill zip down there and cheer you on.

Mad
      83 GS750E
      2006 ZX14
      2004 KTM 450 EXC
      2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

For those of us that are blissfully ignorant, ... what's "AFM"?

Comment

American Federation of Motorcyclists. Its one of the oldest motorcycle racing clubs in the nation. We produced
          Kenny Roberts,and Randy Mamola from our ranks. Based in California.

Mad
          83 GS750E
          2006 ZX14
          2004 KTM 450 EXC
          2001 Yamaha Big Bear

Comment

Working...
          X