Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shindengen SH-775 installation.

Hi.
    My stator recently went bad and after reading the stator papers, I decided to buy the Shindengen SH-775 as my replacement R/R. What I don’t seem to find is some info on how to install it. Does it require some modifications to fit with the original wiring? Is it plug and play?It looks like it has more connectors than a OEM one. I just want to make sure of what im getting into since its an expensive part.

L.Leblanc
    1982 GS650GL

There are threads about it on here. Nessism has a nice diagram you can find. You need the connectors (or there is a Triumph branded lead with the connectors you can use & cut off the other end for pigtails). Essentially you need to join 3 stator wires to the plug on the left and the +12v from the fuse box plus a good ground to the one on the right (looking into the end of the plugs or holding it with plugs facing down).
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Here's a link for where I bought my Triumph connectors. These are the best quality ones. Keep the ends on that click into the SH775, you will have to cut the other ends off. Connect the 3 blacks that are on one connector to the 3 stator legs (doesn't matter which ones) and on the connector with 2 wires, connect the brown to your red that previously connected to your R/R, and connect the black to ground.
      Triumph Link Lead, Regulator (T2500676) is used in Starter & Alternator assembly for 2011 Triumph Street Triple, Starter & Alternator assembly for 2012 Triumph Street Triple R and Starter & Alternator assembly for 2012 Triumph Street Triple

Manufacturer Part#
      T2500676

Image by Nessism

SH
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks, should be able to work with this.

Comment

If you want good quality OEM bullet wire connectors and excellent crimp tool, see www.vintageconnections.com
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Adept powersports(the website that sells the triumph connector) also propose a R\R that is the exact same polaris part number that the SH/775 is (4012941) except this one is white. They also sell the stator from Ricks powersports. Is is a good idea to take everything from this site? Im confident about the triumph connectors and the stator but I want to make sur that im buying the right R\R.

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            Here's a link for where I bought my Triumph connectors. These are the best quality ones. Keep the ends on that click into the SH775, you will have to cut the other ends off. Connect the 3 blacks that are on one connector to the 3 stator legs (doesn't matter which ones) and on the connector with 2 wires, connect the brown to your red that previously connected to your R/R, and connect the black to ground.
            Triumph Link Lead, Regulator (T2500676) is used in Starter & Alternator assembly for 2011 Triumph Street Triple, Starter & Alternator assembly for 2012 Triumph Street Triple R and Starter & Alternator assembly for 2012 Triumph Street Triple

Manufacturer Part#
            T2500676

Image by Nessism

SH

Comment

Polaris Regulator - 3PH 35A Series 105C (4012941) is used in Electrical, Regulator, Relays, Sensors and Ecu assembly for 2011 Polaris RANGER 4X4 800 EFI ALL OPTIONS (R11TH76/TY76), Regulator, Relays, Sensors and Ecu - M11WH76AG assembly for 2011 Polaris MILITARY RANGER CREW - M11WH76AG, Electrical, Wire Harness assembly for 2011 Polaris RANGER RZR 800 S EFI (R11VE76AC/AD/AT/AW/AZ), Electrical, Regulator, Relays, Sensors and Ecu assembly for 2012 Polaris RANGER XP 800 (R12TH76/TH7E/TX7E), Electrical, Regulator, Relays and Electrical, Regulator, Relays, Sensors and Ecu assembly for 2011 Polaris RANGER CREW 4X4 800 EFI (R11WH76AG/AR/WY76AE/AH/AJ)

Hmmm. Didn't know they sold this, and I have never seen a white one. It very well could be a legit SH775, however, at $182.00, it's way more money than I've seen them for, even New, from other suppliers. Used ones pop up on ebay all the time for $30-60 used, and $100 brand new last i checked. There are fakes that look almost identical to the real thing. Used ones are a good buy, because these units last. I suppose they can go bad, but I've not read of it. Nessism sometimes buys them, tests them on his bike, then resells as known good R/R, and will back up what he sells.

If buying used, make sure it has the printing in white on the top fin, like this.
              SH775.JPG
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

That's not white - it's just a badly taken picture.
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Dave, on closer look, you’re right. Just a very overexposed picture, to go with the overinflated price
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I recently changed out the stock R/R in an effort to give my old stator an easier time and help it last longer. It's exactly the same setup as my S. Here's what I did if it helps anybody..
                    The flasher unit was drilled out and relocated to the other side of the electrical plate and the wires extended. and the starter solenoid dropped down about 8mm redrilled small size 4mm screws. The cooling fin on the 775 was cut off to make room for the auxiliary fuse and one of the fixing holes was slightly slotted then the whole lot spaced off the plate 5mm.
                    If it helps anyone

Last edited by tatu; 10-20-2021, 10:07 AM.
                    sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Very tidy!
                      Now about that green frame?
                      There was the famous green frame Ducati 750 SS.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Of all the GS I have owned, only two have not exhibited signs of overheating at the three stator connections. Best to make certain that isn't going to occur again. I suspect that kills stators too.
                        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Here's mine, just take your time and don't be afraid to move stuff around but make sure nothing is touching where it shouldn't.

Jeff

Living the dream...

1980 GS1000 that has been modestly modified.

Comment

Mine is up the other way to Jeff's and uses the left hand bolt of the fuse box on one side. I made a plate that sits behind the other side and that in turn bolts to the side plate of the chassis. Similar to Tatu it is packed up with a spacer on that side.
                            1980 GS1000G - Sold
                            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I checked with my local Polaris dealer and they sell it for over 200USD new... Also its like 150$ on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                              X