X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Words to live by

"A still tongue makes a happy life."

"Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself."

These were on signs in the "labour exchange," in a most idyllic place, "your village."

From the pilot episode. No more hints.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

The Prisoner?nnnn
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
      The Prisoner?nnnn
      Bingo! Give that man a cigar.

For extra points, what was the car that Patrick McGoohan drove in the opening sequence?
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

A lotus sum thin

Weird af series with an appalling finale.
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          Bingo! Give that man a cigar.

For extra points, what was the car that Patrick McGoohan drove in the opening sequence?
          Lotus 7. The real thing, and not a copy, as far as I'm aware.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Not from a movie but someone I worked with and he repeated it often. A simple straight talking guy his way of saying enjoy your life to the fullest because..."When you're dead you're dead for a F*** of a long time!"

He died 20 some years ago but those words to live by have stuck with me ever since.
            Last edited by wyly; 10-18-2021, 03:11 PM.
            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
              Not from a movie but someone I worked with and he repeated it often. A simple straight talking guy his way of saying enjoy your life to the fullest because..."When you're dead you're dead for a F*** of a long time!"

He died 20 some years ago but those words to live by have stuck with me ever since.
              Still dead or raised incorruptible?
              1983 GS 550 LD
              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                Wasn't it a car you assemble yourself?
                Iirc the lead owned one
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post

Back in the day, I was driving a Turner and looking for a replacement. I had it narrowed down to two, a Lotus 7 and a MGA. Two quite different cars, but I found the lines of the A irresistible and got the MG. I was living in Tampa, Fl at the time and the only good sports car garage was owned and run by a retired Stirling Moss mechanic. He certainly knew how to tune a car. LOL
                  Last edited by earlfor; 10-18-2021, 07:53 PM.
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                    Wasn't it a car you assemble yourself?
                    Iirc the lead owned one
                    Iirc, the early 7s were available as a kit, and perhaps only as a kit.
                    Chapman probably didn't have the garage space to make some kind of assembly line or even area at that point.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                    X