cam chain guide #3, that bridge thing ..... '82 1100G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam chain guide #3, that bridge thing ..... '82 1100G

Factory Service Manaul ("FSM") doesnt point it out, doesnt say which way to install it. Is not mentioned at all when talking about cams and tensioner.

Seems to fit either way.

Clymer manual shows other type of guide that is in 850G.

One end is more closed off, other end is open.

It has an arrow on top, and somewhere I thought I saw it described as arrow pointing to the front.
    But that would have the more closed off end closer to the back which seems closer to the chain, and think the open end is open to allow clearance with the chain.

Oh, Hey, look what notes I made in my Clymers manaul (year and half ago? 12 years ago? Dont recall.) Little sketch shows the arrow and the reinforced leg.
    And see what looks like on microfische (yah, I printed out many pages of microfishe and had them bound them).

So, there is answer for me and anybody else.
    Arrow to be on the front pointing to the back. Open end to the back. Reinforced legs to the front.

Other note: a few OEM part supplers I looked at list it as "No Longer Available".
    Last edited by Redman; 10-19-2021, 12:21 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Working...
X