I actually sold a bike today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually sold a bike today!

Lol...I put my GSX1000F up for sale Sunday and yesterday a guy came and bought it...he picked it up today.
    Bitter sweet...loved this bike but with the new one on order I knew I wouldn't fell comfortable riding this one knowing I had to sell it...knowing my luck I'd drop it...lol
    I bought the bike with 15,000kms on it last November for $8500...couldn't ride it because of my injuries until February but managed to put another 15,000kms on it...I spent about $4000 in upgrades...listed it for $10,600 and sold it for $10,500...not bad..I'm happy to ride it for a cost of $2000....the guy was really nice ...my age and first bike in many years.
    Now I really can't wait for my new bike!!!
    The ad
    2018 GSX-S1000F The only reason I'm selling this awesome bike is because I just ordered the updated version. Legendary, Bullet proof K5 gixxer 1000 motor...150hp Well looked after and kept in a heated garage...You will never find one cleaner! Here is the list of upgrades I have done in the last 9 months...well over $4000 Suzuki factory Warranty to March 2024 24,000kms Suzuki service done at Mile Zero in Aug (Valve check etc $700) Entire Bike Ceramic coated Full Hindle Exhaust (Sounds awesome) Hindle Baffle K&N Filter Power Commander V Dyno tuned by Mas Dyno Dyna Jet Quick Shifter (allows for clutch less upshifting...intoxicating!) Appolo Heated Grips Renthal Factory Fatbars German made MRA Bubble Racing screen CRG bar end mirrors Givi Hard Bag system (Saddle bags with brackets) Custom Seat by Kevin Grant New Chain and Sprockets (April) TechSpec Tank Grips Bridgestone Battalax Sport Touring T32 tires have 3,000kms on them Tinted signal light covers I have all the stock parts to go with the bike along with owners manual, receipts for all work done...everything documented in it's own binder. Yes, I'm that OCD. I'm sure I'm missing things but feel free to ask any questions...no offers will be considered without you being in my garage.

Last edited by trevor; 10-19-2021, 11:28 PM.
    No signature

So what bike did you order?

Comment

Originally posted by ferdston View Post
      A Vespa...... 😅
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Don't temp him, Norm.

Trevor's actual next bike. https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...9-My-next-bike!!
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by ferdston View Post
          2022 GSX=S1000GT+

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          A Vespa...... 
          Lol...I do like my wife's Passport

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Don't temp him, Norm.

Trevor's actual next bike. https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...9-My-next-bike!!
          Haha....
          No signature

Comment

I do have a soft spot in my heart for the Vespa. If they weren't so darn expensive I'd have one. They really hold their resale value.
            Congrats on the quick sale. It looks like it went to a good home👍
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I have notified a couple of Victoria renovation companies to drop by Trev's and give him an estimate.... As the " only " reason he would ever sell a bike is if six of his burliest friends couldn't cram it into his garage .....
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                I have notified a couple of Victoria renovation companies to drop by Trev's and give him an estimate.... As the " only " reason he would ever sell a bike is if six of his burliest friends couldn't cram it into his garage .....
                Haha....My wife's car still fits in the garage....
                No signature

Comment

Good for you, Trevor!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I'm still trying to get my head around this concept of selling motorcycles.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                      I'm still trying to get my head around this concept of selling motorcycles.
                      the part I am pondering is : buying brand new bike and selling 3 year old bike that have had about a year.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I've been trying to sell one of my 3 vintage dirtbikes, 5 dirtbikes total, the "new" ones are almost "vintage" even('97 & '99).

So I came to the realization this past summer that I HAVE NEVER SOLD A BIKE, EVER. Only bought more and more!!!��
                        Wife was getting quite displeased, and I told her actually that we are both cut off from buying any more motorcycles at present!
                        '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                        '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                        '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                        '79 GS425stock
                        PROJECTS:
                        '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                        '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                        '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                        '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                        '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          the part I am pondering is : buying brand new bike and selling 3 year old bike that have had about a year.
                          LOL.....I have no idea what it is like to buy an unused, brand new motorbike.
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Haha...well Dave, the GT I ordered is the updated version of the one I sold.
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              LOL.....I have no idea what it is like to buy an unused, brand new motorbike.
                              Me either. Buying a new motorcycle at least once in my life is sort of a casual bucket list item for me.

I was in the market for a modern bike earlier this year and very seriously considered buying new. Then... I ended up buying a 2015.
                              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                              X