No announcement yet.

Got a complete GS750ES for $1k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the disconnected wire I found contributed to the blackened connectors? None of them are exactly melted. I could regret not swapping out the rear shock or not checking the valve clearances or not using new boot clamps or not buying new airbox boots etc. I'm just fixing the obvious things that keep it from idling properly. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Comment

From your collection of bikes, it sounds like you have a handle on what you want out of this bike. If your intention is to get it running/idling well, then flipping it, that’s fine, I guess. The GS charging system is a well documented weak point. Without a properly sorted charging system it won’t run well for long. If you intend to keep the bike, you can fix it now or wait until it leaves you stranded. I was fortunate to have a buddy with a trailer to pick my a$$ up when mine finally failed.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

No way I'm "Flipping" this bike as in I"m going to make some money? I've put easily $1600 of shop labor hours on this bike and I'm hopefully at the Bon Jovi point (half way there!). When I get stranded I call AAA and I've got RV and extended mileage coverage which costs a little extra but worth it. I'm not planning on taking this sucker cross country this fall. I've got the airbox back in (two halves) and I'll have the carbs back in tonight after I connect that wire somehow so it stays connected. I'll post a video of the status before midnight... challenge to myself : D

Comment

Songs in the background flagged a copyright statement, bye bye video
          Last edited by Leo310; 10-26-2021, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Update, the old Suzuki is very easy to work on since I've modified it to be worked on. A few of you here on this side are damn hostile in a negative way.
            Last edited by Leo310; 10-31-2022, 02:23 AM.

Comment

I think I've got the carb leak sorted out. I keep forgetting to attach that second line on the petcock...
              Last edited by Leo310; 10-29-2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Nice bike, no I didn't flip it for profit. Just trying to get a good pic of it for you all.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Pictures won't upload to proper size?
                  Attached Files

Comment

How you making out with this bike. I have one I purchased new in 1983. I know a lot about them, including how to fix the stator, regulator/rectifier problem. I've never ridden another 750 that gives me the confidence, and handling this bikes gives me. My other bikes are a Kawi ZZR1200, and a 1975 CB400F (which I purchased new). The CB400 has a Yoshima Stage III 458 cc kit in it and revs at 14,500 rpm's, D.I.D. aluminum Gold anodized rims, and Koni aluminum body shocks. Kazio Yoshima modified my stock carbs and flow benched them to the hand made exhaust he made for me. It's a screamer. The Kawai ZZR1200 is an Intercontinental Ballistic missile with wheels on it, and handles very well. You can cruise at 150 mph all day on that bike, the fuel usage is the only limiting factor.

Comment

If you want to post better and bigger picture (who doesn’t?) see link in my signature using Imgur/Flickr.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-rich82gs750tz You've got a great page there. My '83 GS750ES has 40K miles on it. I purchased it new ( may have wrote that before, 65 last week, getting foggy) Meticulous with oil and valve adjustments. New Clutch and Springs, it runs excellently. I have polished the aluminum clear coated side covers with Jewelers rouge, so they almost look like chrome. I will pass this bike onto my son. Been thinking about some mods, like a complete new front end, going to a 17 inch tire, and Flat Slide carburetors.

Comment

Working...
                        X