GS450 twin carb specs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450 twin carb specs.

Do any of you knowledgeable chaps know if the carb specs for an 81 bike are the same as an 83 bike?
    Reason being I'm looking to get a stage 3 dynojet kit for mine, it's an 81t, but the kits are listed as 83 models.
    As far as I can see they all had the BS34ss carbs, same spec motors etc.
    Thanks in advance.
    Daz.

Hmmm. The chart from BikeCliffs website is inconclusive, as there are no year designations on the various 450 models listed. But this will at least show that there was some small variation between some models of the 450, according to the data compiled by the author.

Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thank you for the info, as you say, the info doesn't show anything specific year by year.
      I think I may just take a chance on the 83 kit, it should at the very least get me in the ballpark with the settings for oval k&n filters on short stacks.
      There will be some kind of shroud / cover to them so nothing will work out of the box.
      Thanks for the help.

Comment

in the chart Rich linked, LD is the 83 model.(A "TD" is also 83) The undesignated top 450 would be 80 and 81 and I suppose 82. I'm getting this info from the shop manual which has addendums for models made after the original manual was published (1980)
        Last edited by Gorminrider; 10-21-2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X