X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Going To Be A Tad Breezy Tonight

Got the candles on standby ......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

"Buoys near the storm are reporting waves in excess of 12 metres (40 feet),"

Through Monday, rainfall amounts will be excessive for some with 100-150 mm expected for western Vancouver Island and the North Shore Mountains while 50-75 mm is anticipated for the Lower Mainland. Localized flooding and landslides are on the table in some areas as a result.

the winds will strengthen over the inner South Coast through Monday morning. Southeasterly wind gusts of 50-90+ km/h will persist from Sunday evening through Monday afternoon.

YIKES!

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

In my area tornado warnings/watches , forecast of heavy rains,hail and extremely high winds....didn't happen?

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
        In my area tornado warnings/watches , forecast of heavy rains,hail and extremely high winds....didn't happen?
        If you look at that picture of the old fashioned barometer I posted you'll see the fluid is all the way up the pipe..... That means it is extremely low pressure in the jar and when there is low pressure air comes in to fill it.... It's " definitely " going to happen { not to mention I've got a new barometer and it's showing rapidly dropping pressure } .......
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          If you look at that picture of the old fashioned barometer I posted you'll see the fluid is all the way up the pipe..... That means it is extremely low pressure in the jar and when there is low pressure air comes in to fill it.... It's " definitely " going to happen { not to mention I've got a new barometer and it's showing rapidly dropping pressure } .......
          Sorry I missed something

I was talking about fore cast for Sunday in my area of the state.
          Although high winds tore up some trees hundred miles north of me....the forecasted rain, hail, high winds for my area...didn't happen..the weather dude was wrong...the target area shifted few hundred miles.

Close I guess?

Hope everything is fine and not much damage in your area.
          Last edited by trent; 10-25-2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Sunday was memorable.
            Blowing to 40, rain all day, a big storm passed nearby and gave an hour of torrential rains.
            A bit calmer today, all the leaves are blowing everywhere.
            Gusting to 25 now
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
              Sunday was memorable.
              Blowing to 40, rain all day, a big storm passed nearby and gave an hour of torrential rains.
              A bit calmer today, all the leaves are blowing everywhere.
              Gusting to 25 now
              Enough to awaken the slumbering Tyrannosaurus Rexes?
              Apparently some container beachcombing is in the offing.
              1983 GS 550 LD
              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Enough to dislodge a bunch of containers off a ship and throw them into the Pacific.
                1986 1150EF
                2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Working...
                X