Cycleorings has ceased operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycleorings has ceased operation

When I try visit cycleorings website, it says he has ceased operation.

I was afraid of when this day would come. Few years ago I thought to myself, I should order a few sets for each style of carb incase he retires... Now I'm kicking myself.

So where do we get O-rings now???
    - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
    - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Hmmm, this is not good. Surely Robert has remaining stock of some description?
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
      Hmmm, this is not good. Surely Robert has remaining stock of some description?
      Does anyone communicate with him regularly? Maybe someone can buy his remaining stock, or at least get his supplier info?
      - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!

Comment

I remember a thread by Robert a while ago where he announced the intention
        to stop and asked if anyone would take over ... kicking myself too.
        Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
        VM Carb rebuild tutorial
        Bikecliff's website
        The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

I ordered several sets of intake boot o rings at the beginning of October. He only had the 40mm. He was out of the 32mm and was not restocking them. He sent the 40mm that I requested promptly. Dar

Comment

What is Roberts username?

Comment

IF you have a kit measure each one and buy from here..its what i plan on doing. Buy 25 or so of each size and never need kits again.

Order O-Rings online Millions of AS568 O-Rings, Metric O-Rings and Hydraulic Seals Online. Live chat for O-Ring Sales and service. Our basic stock compound list includes over 30 o-ring compounds making us one of the most diverse O-Ring Suppplier in the Global O-Ring market.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rijko View Post
                I remember a thread by Robert a while ago where he announced the intention
                to stop and asked if anyone would take over ... kicking myself too.
                Yes he did, and I ordered a set for my 1100E when he did.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

refresh my memory. Are they nitril or viton that he sold?
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                    IF you have a kit measure each one and buy from here..its what i plan on doing. Buy 25 or so of each size and never need kits again.

https://www.theoringstore.com/store/
                    Would people be willing to post the measurements here so we can have a record? It'd be great if you can specify quantity and size of each O ring.

Comment

Originally posted by 93Bandit View Post
                      Would people be willing to post the measurements here so we can have a record? It'd be great if you can specify quantity and size of each O ring.
                      Before we go through all that trouble, someone could just PM or email him and ask. He was just on the forum this morning, so he is still around. And he probably has the info recorded somewhere.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Would be great if Robert could get the sizing/part info of the various kits of O-rings to Brian, to keep on BikeCliff's website for posterity.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          Before we go through all that trouble, someone could just PM or email him and ask. He was just on the forum this morning, so he is still around. And he probably has the info recorded somewhere.

https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...703-robertbarr
                          Good idea. I went ahead and sent him a PM. I asked if he would be willing to share the information, and if so, asked if he could post it in this thread.

Regardless of where we get the o-ring information, I think a sticky or at least an o-ring document should be made to document the necessary o-rings for each application. It'd be nice if said doc could be added to basscliffs site, or bwringers, or??? I am happy to make the doc once the data is received if no one else is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                            Would be great if Robert could get the sizing/part info of the various kits of O-rings to Brian, to keep on BikeCliff's website for posterity.
                            Ah you beat me to it!

Comment

I was looking late September, I thought my aftermarket rebuild kits would have all the o-rings, and of course it doesnt. Checked yesterday and the site is no more!

Any chance anyone knows what size the fuel tube o rings are and the t vent o rings are on a mikuni cv carb (82 gs650). I came on here to ask that question but saw that this thread had already been started. WHY ROBERT WHYD YOU HAVE TO SHUT DOWN?! Im so close to finishing this carb rebuild
                              Main lady- 2009 Nightster 1200
                              Project Lady- 1982 GS650 G

Comment

Working...
                              X