Cycleorings has ceased operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
    refresh my memory. Are they nitril or viton that he sold?

Nitrile (Buna-N), 70 Durometer
    Main lady- 2009 Nightster 1200
    Project Lady- 1982 GS650 G

Comment

Sizes for CV carbs. This info is in the carb rebuild tutorial linked in my signature.

o-ring size.jpg
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I think his kids used to bag them all up for him. I guess they grew up!
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
          I think his kids used to bag them all up for him. I guess they grew up!

dang kids!

guess IÂ’m going to have to go the old route of buying an assortment kit.

This one is nitrile (band-a)- not sure if it meet the needs.

Boatsea 270pcs Rubber O Ring Kits 18 Sizes Sealing Gasket Washer Made of Nitrile Rubber, Automotive AC O-Rings Kit, O-Ring Assortment Set for Car Repair, Plumbing, Air or Gas Connections, Purple https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FKT94MK...ing=UTF8&psc=1
          Main lady- 2009 Nightster 1200
          Project Lady- 1982 GS650 G

Comment

The timing was medically necessary; I have acquired a case of Stage III -x (TBD) lung cancer, with a tumor slightly larger than a league baseball in my upper right lung. It's encroaching on some vital pulmonary passages, causing bouts of nonstop coughing. I've been using what little traces of energy the cancer leaves me to get myself from one exam to another, and sometimes even to sleep. My oncology team are all serious professionals, the kind of physicians who operate on much higher octane than mere mortals, so I feel confident that I have half a prayer of being around for a while.

Soon I'll post up all the sizes. I have to gather the info for the CV kits, the standard VM, the oddball 450 (80 - 82) and a few odds and ends -- flatslides, etc. Probably by this weekend. Perhaps we can ask Frank to make a sticky out of the post.

I have enough material to prepare quite a few kits for anyone patient enough to wait. I also have plenty of 38mm and 40mm intakes, as well as some 28's and 30's. A nice collection of Viton. This would make a good starter kit for anyone who wants to take over my operation. I'd be willing to toss in the Cycleorings.com webpage, so the new owner would have an existing customer base.

In any case, there's no abrupt shortage of supplies. There will be continuity. The only thing I can't accomodate are impatient people.
            and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
            __________________________________________________ ______________________
            2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Robert...I am very sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself first, don't worry about us. Glad you have a good team.
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Take care, Robert. We appreciate all you’ve done.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Yes, please do take care of yourself Robert Barr. I'm glad to hear you have a wonderful team who is taking care of you.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I was my mother's primary care giver when she received a similar diagnosis. All I can say is that the horror stories people were telling me didn't come true. I hope you have the same luck.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I echo the above Robert. Hope the docs get you cleared up. I am anxiously waiting on the CV and VM info. I will make a file in my documents with the numbers. And i also thank you for all youve done for me and my customers over the years. My peayers for you my friend.
                      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Yeah, good luck and all the very best Robert - cancer sucks!
                        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis, Robert.
                          Your health is much more important than our motorcycling needs.

As a multiple time purchaser, a huge thank you.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Same from me Robert. So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Do take care of yourself first and foremost.

Best wishes for moving forward and hope you get the best medical care possible.
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Robert…..I appreciate you and everything you’ve done for us all. You’ve given me the ability to ride my GS850 with a smile. Thank You!
                              1979 GS850G
                              2004 SV650N track bike
                              2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                              LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Robert, very best of luck with the difficult battle. It sounds like you are in good hands. Many of us , including myself, have beat it at least once.
                                1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Working...
                                X