No announcement yet.

Cycleorings has ceased operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck Robert and thanks for all you've done for the community over the years.
    1977 GS750

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Thanks for the great kit that got my GS1100E back on the street!
      1982 GS1100EZ, second owner, 11,000 miles
      2000 XR650R, plated

Comment

I've been remiss in not expressing thanks for all the positive sentiments. I really appreciate it.

I go in Monday at Hines VAH for an angiogram and maybe a little more cardiac plumbing so I'm fit, cardiac-wise, for major surgery. I found a top-flight thoracic surgeon who might - probably will - be doing the major roto-rooting. Soon. That particular surgery will take an estimated three months of recovery -- ouch! With pain management a major topic.

I get a different type of imaging about every week. Reading the reports, I can see how fast this thing is growing. I'm eating for two! It's impossible not to picture the scenes from the movie Alien -- except this guy isn't going to jump out voluntarily.

Anyway, thanks again for the best wishes.

RB
        and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
        __________________________________________________ ______________________
        2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Best wishes for a smooth recovery and thanks for helping us all.
          1978 GS 750 E
          1979 XS11 Standard
          1973 CB450

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if its been over a decade since I did business with you and now, find myself needing an O-ring kit for the '82 1100G I bought today. That lead me to this thread and to respond. I am so sorry to hear of your initial diagnosis and am thankful that you have such a good team on your side. Personally, I've become a sincere believer in the power of prayer. You will now be in mine. I hope, and pray, that you have a complete and speedy recovery. Please keep us posted when possible.
            Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
            '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
            '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
            '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

WILLIE...

I bought the last VM and CV kits he had left and they will ship when he gets to the post office. If you PM me your info i will send you a kit soon as i have them...fair enough??? Robert emailed me the other day saying my order was the last transaction for his business. I think there may be someone intereseted in taking it over though.

Also he posted the oring sizes for the kits. You can go here and buy them if you wish. https://www.theoringstore.com/store/
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Posting here for those who don't frequent the other sections of the forum for technical information. Copy & pasted from Mr. Robertbarr's post in the GS Motorcycle Discussion area.

First, the intakes. These are ALWAYS Viton. Anything else will burn.

These are known as 'dash' sizes, an AS-568 sizing scheme. It does keep things simple...

28mm = -122 aka 'Dash 122'. And so on.
                30mm = -123
                32mm = -125
                38mm = -128
                40mm = -130

Metric sizes: Are specified by INNER DIAMETER by CROSS SECTION. You'll find them listed the other way around. To avoid confusion, we won't do that here.

All O-rings from here on are Buna, a pretty common and useful material, and a hardness of 70 (Durometer).

For the CV carbs:

Interconnecting fuel tubes use the 'Dash 10' or -010.
                Choke assembly uses 10mm x 1.5mm
                CV bleed screw (the tiny one) uses 2.5mm x 1.2mm
                CV inlet uses 'dash 903'. This category of AS568 is known as a 'boss'; that might help.

For the VM carbs, I'll add my diagram at the end because I name them A through F. This image is hosted on my website, which will be SHUT DOWN SOON, so download this image!!

VM 'A' use 2.8mm x 1.6mm.
                VM 'B' use 3.8mm x 1.25mm.
                VM 'C' use Dash 9 (-009).
                VM 'D' use 5.1mm x 1.6mm. This is the drain screw o-ring that also fits the CV carbs.
                VM 'E' use 8.5mm x 1.5mm.
                VM 'F' use Dash 11 (-011)

Happy hunting.

RB
                - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
                - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                  WILLIE...

I bought the last VM and CV kits he had left and they will ship when he gets to the post office. If you PM me your info i will send you a kit soon as i have them...fair enough??? Robert emailed me the other day saying my order was the last transaction for his business. I think there may be someone intereseted in taking it over though.

Also he posted the oring sizes for the kits. You can go here and buy them if you wish. https://www.theoringstore.com/store/

chuck,I certainly hope another member will take over the o-ring supply for our GS's

Comment

I PMed Robert a couple weeks ago, asking if someone had taken over the business.
                    I also mentioned that I'd give it serious consideration if it was still available.
                    Haven't received a response.
                    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                    '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Working...
                    X