LED instrument lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED instrument lights

The bulb on my GS650G’s fuel gauge has burnt out. Is that a difficult change out?

I was thinking of switching all my instrument lights to LEDs, if only for better brightness of the speedo and tach at night.

Are their LED bulb that fit?
    1982 Suzuki GS650G

I replaced all my cluster lights with these.

not difficult. Just have to remove a lot of stuff first.
    Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 10-29-2021, 09:27 PM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I changed all my instrument lights to LEDs a few years ago. A word of advice - don't buy the cheap ones.
      Depending on access, but especially with a fairing in the way, they're a pain in the arris to change out, and the cheap ones fail far faster than decent ones.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Do you have a single indicator for your turn signals or do you have an indicator for each side?

Sounds silly, but a single indicator bulb will require some electronic trickery if you switch to LED.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          I replaced all my cluster lights with these.

not difficult. Just have to remove a lot of stuff first.
          Do you find these bulbs illuminate the entire gauge? The reviews suggest the beam is narrow.
          1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

To my eye, they’re at least as good as the original bulbs, maybe a little whiter, possibly a little brighter. They’re certainly no worse than the originals. Honestly, I was expecting the little LED bulbs to transform the look of my instruments at night. They didn’t. No one would look at my clocks and say “wow, LEDs!” My Truck-lite headlamp, on the other hand, is far better than the original and quite different.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

The lights in the gauges are diffused greatly, and put through a colored filter, so the color of the LED will not be as apparent as with an LED that you view directly, like a headlight.

Comment

One thing about the LED bulbs I linked from Amazon, and I would suppose any LED bulbs, If you plug them in and they don't work, pull them and flip them 180 degrees. Test all before you re-insert into the back of the instruments.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Working...
                X